Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever run out of candy in the middle of Halloween? Get overloaded, or just give out too much at the beginning?

Did you close the door, turn out the lights & hide, or did you go to your pantry and forage?

What did you come up with to sate the hungry mobs?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Our 1st year in our current home I jam packed goody bags with lots of candy & little toys. The next year I think the tots told their friends as we had way more tots than previously, to the point I thought we were going to run out with still an hour to go so I ended up opening up the goodie bags to dump them out into candy bowl to hand out a few pieces at a time. Now I buy enough so we don't run out but usually have enough left over to take to work and keep the candy jar there stocked for a few days :)

·
Registered
330 Posts
We had an extra large crowd last year and I ran out, even after the wife had stopped to buy more on her way home. My neighbor came running over with extra bags saying this was the one house that couldn't run out of candy. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
First year in this house we did. I asked the neighbor for an estimate and she told me they didn't get many TOTs, about 25, so I made 50 bags and ran out. I sent my husband to Wal-Mart while I gave his lunch snacks away (little bags of goldfish crackers and cookies) until he got back.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Nope - opposite problem. Too much left over, but I can't seem to help myself...I want a good mix. (And since I did the candy shopping this year, none of that tootsie-roll jumble anywhere - I like the originals, but that's ALWAYS what is left unopened).

Now my neighbors...different story. Across the street last year, he started giving out change. Last year's new neighbors didn't know what to expect, and they ran out in about an hour. More new neighbors this year, so we'll see how they fare. In this neighborhood, you've got to buy a lot.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,398 Posts
Once, ages ago in the 80s. We had to dip into our house reserves of Tootsie Pops! Since then, it's usually leftover city. But just in case, I have to go to Walmart for sheets for projections so I'm picking up extras.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Our first year together- hubby and i sat on the front porch and he would give out handfulls of candy while i gave out 3-4 pieces so later during the night i had to go back inside to get my box of suckers i would sometimes snack on.

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Yes! ONE time and I felt like crapola. I'm the neighborhood "Halloween house". We just got soo overwhelmed that year and money was tight so we had to cut back a bit on the candy. I was even rationing it out, but it didn't help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts