Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
Ah, my post disappeared again. :(

I guess I don't get why a real skeleton costs so much. I bought a life size realistic model from Anatomical Chart Company (4th quality, imperfect, but no signs of imperfection that I can see)...$75 on sale. The downside is, she is very heavy in comparison to the pose n stays, and she has red rubber spacers between some of the bones, which make her look less real. (although, I suppose I could remove those with an Xacto knife? I haven't tried that.)

·
Typing Away
3,479 Posts
That is only a mile or so from where I work. No I am not going to be buying it (Cost to much and do not want a real one in my closet).

LairMistress my Bucky 4th class Skeletons rubber spacers are clear I wonder why they change the color. Then again I have had them maybe 13 years now.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
That is only a mile or so from where I work. No I am not going to be buying it (Cost to much).

LairMistress my Bucky 4th class Skeletons rubber spacers are clear I wonder why they change the color. Then again I have had then maybe 13 years now.
Interesting! I bought mine in 2004, too. I didn't know that the spacers weren't all the same color. WIsh mine were clear!

·
Registered
14 Posts
It was probably donated by someone that wanted their remains to serve a purpose, rather than rotting in the ground. I guess some of us haunters and prop builders would be okay with their bones being used for Halloween decoration/art/science once we don't need them anymore ?

·
Seer of All
2,939 Posts
I don't find it to be any more spooky than a realistic looking plastic skeleton, but no, I wouldn't pay $2500 for one. The cheap plastic kind serve the purpose for Halloween decor. This one was obviously donated for use in medical research. Nope, no heebie-jeebies here!

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,767 Posts
I studied an entire year with a cadaver at university, worked with cadaver parts through the first part of my career and perhaps because of this I have a different perspective but I will donate everything I have for organ transplants and medical education when I pass. If my skeleton ends up with a family which would display it as part of their Halloween Haunt I would consider it fine as long as they treated my remains with dignity. I couldn't afford to pay $2500US ($3350CDN) for a skeleton but if one were donated I would display it proudly and honourably with no reservations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts