Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, I explained to my confused and quite frankly frightened neighbors - I did in fact build that.

When I moved into a more rural spot I finally had an opportunity to stretch my legs and create the Halloween vibe that I've always dreamed of, complete with a giant drive-through arch and a bevy of spooky scarecrows. I had over 500 people come check it out with the goal of building year over year.

The star attraction was definitely my 22' scarecrow, what I believe to be the biggest in the state. Can't wait to share what is in store for this year!

Light Nature Flash photography Pink Art

Nature Plant Branch Woody plant Midnight

Twig Wood Religious item Art Font

Plant Light People in nature Branch Lighting

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
these are all truly bad ass, but I love that gateway/arch. How is it anchored into the ground?
Great question! I was able to use my existing gate posts and strap the 4x4s against them. I then ran braided cable up to the corners in the back for some extra stability once I realized how much the structure weighed. Cheap but imposing!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Great question! I was able to use my existing gate posts and strap the 4x4s against them. I then ran braided cable up to the corners in the back for some extra stability once I realized how much the structure weighed. Cheap but imposing!
love this. thanks for clarifying. I may take some inspiration from you this year!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts