Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think Wally- world dropped the Halloween ball this year? It seems near me, they didn't carry the cool stuff they did last year!

·
Banned
524 Posts
I am glad someone else noticed this as well. I thought for a second it was just me. You are right, they seem to lack this year. They do have a few items I would like to get on the after Halloween sale. For the most part though yea they kinda suck this year.

I don't know about your store but here they turn the entire lawn and garden center on the inside into a Halloween section, but this year they made it this whole big tailgate football center. Not a problem with me since I love football, but they did seem to scale back Halloween.

·
Registered
351 Posts
They had [email protected] this year!! I kept going by to check if anything new had come in, then the aisle started getting smaller and smaller. I thought maybe they had a new buyer or something that just didn't know what to do. Their decorations were the same old, same old, and they also had sucky costumes!
Kmart rocked this year. I was surprised. I bought several things from there including costumes, which I never do!! I almost bought the Cellar Dwellar until I spotted the Wall of Skulls which totally went with my haunt.

·
lurking in the shadows
7,332 Posts
Agreed 100% that they sucked this year. I am prop making impaired and i got cooler stuff at target which is not usual!
My maulmart had more clothes then anything

·
You Rang?
1,079 Posts
Yep I agree, I've visited the local Super Walmart and a "regular" Walmart and their selection compaired to past years is lacking.

Even Biglots and Garden Ridges selection this year does not compair to previous years.

K-Mart had a much better selection of interesting and useful items this year and last year they had the best selection/price for the after Halloween sale.

An of course there is Party City where you can buy a blow mold Blucky for $24.99!

·
Registered
457 Posts
my wal mart sucked too.... last week they moved the ONE sadly decorated area..(wooden coffin w/ a pumpkin head body-table w/ candles & candies) and filled it with Christmas trees!!! This is between an aisle of costumes and another aisle of props!! You gotta walk around the dang christmas trees to get from the costumes to the props (what few props there were)

·
Banned
524 Posts
That is strange to hear Biglots and Garden Ridge not having good selection. I thought Garden Ridge had one of the best selections of Halloween stuff they have had in years. Maybe it was just mine though. On the flip side to that though they are lacking in the Christmas section from previous years. They normally have a lot of cool stuff but not as much as past years. Still a huge section as normal, just seems to lack.

One place I was surprised to have a good selection which isn't great but some pretty good stuff is Wal Greens and I would have never thought they would.

·
Registered
591 Posts
My wally had one isle of props mostly buckets,and over priced tombstones,a couple of masks an isle of kids costumes and two isles of bag candy. Kmart was better with there garden section turned into halloween.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yep same here, one and a half isles is about all they had. previous years they did the garden center up, so depressing. The worst news in my neck of the woods is the spencers in town(that I rely on for 90% of my halloween shopping each year) is going to only costumes and no props next year, I'm so depressed.....

·
Registered
174 Posts
Our Walmart had a great selection, for people who don't do Halloween. The stuff they got is ok for a 6 year old. Nobody is buying it. I might get a bubble machine after Halloween. But I feel sorry for anyone who has to go there, even for a costume. They need to do a better job of selecting stock. Walgreens has had the best stuff of anywhere I have been. their tombstones were good size for 10.00, Their bag of bones had 2 hands and 2 feet only 9.99. I love those striking snakes 19.99 I picked up a few and put them on a mat switch. It sounds great when they all go off and TOT is in the middle?????? Kind of mean? Maybe? That Jester Mask, everyone is making props out of. Picked that up with a Meyers, buy 1 get 1 half off. But the best thing they had was that 30 inch Crawling Shaking Zombie, 69.99 It is in a straight jacket and talks. Those things are going 200.00 bucks on ebay. But I wouldn't get rid of it for 300.00. No I don't work at Walgreens. Just a carpenter who looks for value from his dollar. For got those screw in color florescent lights 5.00 they even have a UV same price. They work great. Then like was already said, all that Christmas? You would think that they could have seen as bad as the economy is, Christmas money this year will be spent on presents. I know damn well I ain't giving lights for presents! Happy Haunting

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
None of our local walmarts had any prop stuff hardly at all. Only some tombstones, and a few costumes and candy stuff. No big props, not even any inflatables like last year. I was there yesterday and they had 5 isles of Christmas stuff, and the lawn and garden section is all decked out with trees and Christmas inflatables and lawn ornaments. ggggrrrrr

1 - 14 of 14 Posts