Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building out a talking Scarecrow/Skeleton and was looking for some good dialogue to have play throw them. I am looking for funny skits or jokes that don't have a lot of background music or sounds. Any suggestions ?

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
Somewhere I've got three joke routines that I use for my Joking Skeletons.

I found them online several years ago. If you don't have something like that already, I can send them to you.
The jokes are pretty corny, but humorous.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somewhere I've got three joke routines that I use for my Joking Skeletons.

I found them online several years ago. If you don't have something like that already, I can send them to you.
The jokes are pretty corny, but humorous.
I would be interested, I am looking for items that are clean and young kid friendly. We get 500+ kids and I don't want to traumatize the youngest ones. Looking for a good blend of creepy/funny for all....

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
There was a home haunter. Who did amazing skits and songs with his skellies. LOVE them!
Let me find link for you to videos. Hilarious schtick. There may be a few gems in those videos you could use.

Sindy Skinless and the Decomposers. Absolutely brilliant stuff!

http://sindyskinless.com

EDIT: I thought you were looking for ideas to create your own. Upon rereading, I see you may be looking for audio to use? Then I misunderstood, and the Sindy Skinless videos would not be of use... but still fun to watch!!

·
Oak Lane Cemetery
2,022 Posts
I've wanted to make one that I could interact with people through. Set up a camera and mic so I could hear and see them and run my own voice via a long mic cord through the animated skull. "HEY YOU!....KEEP WALKIN'!...NOTHING TO SEE HERE!" " HEY KID! DIDN'T YOUR PARENTS TEACH YOU NOT TO STARE!" or just a quick "PSSST!" Would be great for when people drive up to look at the display too. I could hear what they were saying and respond to them from inside the house. Would be AWESOME in my toe pincher coffin set up near the front of the cemetery! Unfortunately the idea is WAY beyond both my knowledge and finances.

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I've wanted to make one that I could interact with people through. Set up a camera and mic so I could hear and see them and run my own voice via a long mic cord through the animated skull. "HEY YOU!....KEEP WALKIN'!...NOTHING TO SEE HERE!" " HEY KID! DIDN'T YOUR PARENTS TEACH YOU NOT TO STARE!" or just a quick "PSSST!" Would be great for when people drive up to look at the display too. I could hear what they were saying and respond to them from inside the house. Would be AWESOME in my toe pincher coffin set up near the front of the cemetery! Unfortunately the idea is WAY beyond both my knowledge and finances.
It's way easier than you might think and not really expensive either. Using a bluetooth mic, you don't even need a cord.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There was a home haunter. Who did amazing skits and songs with his skellies. LOVE them!
Let me find link for you to videos. Hilarious schtick. There may be a few gems in those videos you could use.

EDIT: I thought you were looking for ideas to create your own. Upon rereading, I see you may be looking for audio to use? Then I misunderstood, and the Sindy Skinless videos would not be of use... but still fun to watch!!
Thanks for the link , I loved the videos...maybe someday I can make it to that level after a few yearly investments!

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I would be interested, I am looking for items that are clean and young kid friendly. We get 500+ kids and I don't want to traumatize the youngest ones. Looking for a good blend of creepy/funny for all....
Gotcha! My haunt is kid-friendly, too. These jokes are kid-friendly, but they throw in a couple that are a bit risqué. And they probably go over most kid's heads.The two I remember are: "What do you get when you grab a ghost?----A handful of sheet!" And: "Why can't warlocks have babies?---Because the have hollow-weenies!". Those are the only two recall.

I'm searching for those files and I know I have them somewhere. Can you send me your E-mail address and I can forward them to you? They are MP3 files and I should even still have the files I split into left and right channels using Audacity.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

Yes, there was... and still is. Thanks for mentioning my stuff. So your setup is two characters, one a scarecrow and the other a skeleton, right?

Maybe I could write some for you. Just a few minute long back and forth banter sessions between the two characters.

If I do get a chance to do that, can you give me any more details about your haunt, so I can tie in some themes that you are working with, maybe some other props, or a backstory for your haunt. Anything that might be a setup for them to talk about can be made into jokes and banter. Or were you just looking for completely random, generic joke type things?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The haunt that I am doing has three parts. I have a static cemetery that I think this year will be a pet Semetary (King Style) that has a Skeleton bones projection at the back of it. The house has many digital effects that mostly play atmosFX scenes and last year I started the Twisted Pumpkin Patch. This is the section of the yard where we setup the candy table for the kids to distribute. We get 500-700 kids over a 2 hour window so need a table setup and 2-3 candy helpers. The Pumpkin patch is where the Scarecrow will go. He is surrounded by things like hay bales, dried corn stalks, 30 plus foam pumpkins that I corpsed, a 6ft sleepy hollow figure, a lil nester from spirit Halloween on a swing. I plan on having him (scarecrow) on a cross like beam and I wanted to have him interact with a foam pumpkin or two. I figured I could have left channel to him and right channel split out to either a single or multiple pumpkins who could react, laugh, sing along with him. To tell you the truth, your SindySkinless presentations are the actual inspiration to the setup. After seeing them a year or two ago it was stuck in my mind that I gotta do that. So your post is like hearing from Billy Joel reaching out to a brand new bar pianist, call me star struck. On the other hand, your youtube videos are costing me $1000s....

As to format of the dialogue- I was looking for Halloween like jokes and bad puns. Something like the Crypt Keeper but not offensive for young ears, but not old school Disney either.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Sorry about costing you all that money!

I sent you a PM so we can connect and talk about some ideas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts