Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 277 Posts

·
aka Halloweenqueen
1,435 Posts
Here is my list! I don't get as detailed as some members because my theme changes every year and I could always use my gift in the future if I can't use it in 2015. My SR gift may even become my inspiration for next year, so I try to give some general ideas, but I don't want to restrict my SR's creativity!

Likes...this year's theme centers on clowns. A theme I've promised my kids for years, but really a departure from my traditional themes. I am starting with zero carnival/clown items, so no worries about duplicates. Clown masks, clothes, or props would greatly be appreciated. Thrift store finds would go perfectly with our walkthrough garage haunt. Make-up and wigs for our volunteer actors and handheld props would work well.

My cemetery will include new, dearly departed clown additions, so anything that goes well in a graveyard will still work this year!

Inside...my house is devoted traditionally with lots of witch, pumpkin, and ghost themes. I have a Halloween tree and ornaments are always appreciated.

Dislikes... Gore.

I've been haunting for 30+ years and have quite a collection. Staples like spider webbing, creepy cloth, etc are not needed.

Thanks in advance, my dear SR!

·
Head Witch
2,872 Posts
Oni ( I have a wall dedicated to this year round)
Kabuki
Bats
skulls
Bones
Skeletons
Day of the dead ( fireplace is dedicated to this year round)
Kitchen witch (Year round )
we are doing a Frankenstein theme this year
hand made
black and white graveyard pictures
Mask
Universal monsters
we are doing a gypsy type theme this year, ( decided after finding out that there Are Gypsy's in our family background)
Handmade goodies
2nd hand goodies are awesome
Love Oddities realistic and Real
searching for complete small Bird skeletons for a project I want to work on.
don't worry about being too gory

Dislikes:
cutesy
Disney
spiders
clowns

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Likes this year, Addams family items...i wouldnt mind a home made oddity venus fly trap. i do collect victorian gothic decor/am a dealer...so alittle macabe is cool
love any witches or swamp witch oddity items, i am actually thinking a frog in jar collection would be cool or a witches apothacary box, i have not made one of these yet.
also love voodoo, but nothing authentic.
i will be doing our front porch like a victorian mortuary facade...have no idea yet what i will be doing
i do collect oddities. on the oddity subject i dont like body parts or real wet animal parts. nothing satanic either. i do like the preserved monkey paw...
i do like some sassy things, alittle glitter is fine also

dislikes
dont need crafting supplies or decorating dollar store items, ive got a ton of it here
no sci fi or science lab
no clowns i have them already
not crazy about gore or organs/innerads..

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hopefully I can do it this year.
My haunt theme is wraith scarecrows. Well it's "Discordant Requiem", but that means wraith scarecrows.

In no apparent order...
Scary Scarecrows or cutesy pumpkin headed ones
Bath and Body shop Halloween scents and candles
Creepy cloth/cheesecloth (black and white)
Sickles/Scythes
Wraiths (Nazgul/Dementors/Cloaked ghosts/Reapers without the face or skull)
Darkwraiths (Dark Souls. Also Skeletor.)
1:1 skulls and/or http://www.halloweenasylum.com/hollow-half-skulls-set-of-3.html
Primitive folk art (such as http://www.rhodemontijo.com/ or http://bethanylowe.com/cms/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/HWN_2015.pdf)
Orange or purple "christmas" lights with black wires (mini ones for indoors)
Haunted Overload t-shirt (3xl or 2xl if they don't have 3. I really like the length.)
Dark candles
Vintage decorations (For example http://www.vintagehalloween.com/nutcupscandy.html)
Halloween scents (Not sure when they come out, but http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/ gets some great ones.)
Halloween Yankee candle stuff (Not Boney Bunch. More along the lines of a jack o' lantern wax melter or candles in general.)
I also love Swamp Thing (also Scarecrow, for that matter) and swamps in general.

https://www.pinterest.com/autumnassassin/secret-reaper-2015/

Dislikes:
Disney
Sci-fi
Insects (Spiders are fine. I've been known to play a Drow or two in my day.)

Sorry if it seems like I have Cadillac tastes. Just trying to make it easier by including examples of things I like.

Reactions: kmeyer1313

·
Registered
509 Posts
Back for more again.

Skeletons, skeleton animals, skeleton/zombie gnomes, skeleton fairies.
LED lights (color changers, red, or Halloween colors) If it's not LED, I can't use it.
Egyptian decorations/artifacts. - for kitchen and dining room theme.
Doll house decorations. - for wife's doll house.
Pepper Ghost DVD/Blu-rays. I already have Atmosfear FX: Bone Chillers, Ghostly Apparitions, Jack-O’-Lantern, Zombie Invasion!, and Shades of Evil.
Monster props.
Gargoyles.
Garden decorations.
Monster costumes or masks.
Lego monsters or toys.
Stuff monster dolls.
Chucky doll- lifesized.
Cyber goth or stream punk.

I have no problem with used decorations. This year, I am throwing a Halloween party on the first Sat of Oct for the friends and then a B-day party for the 7 year old near the middle of the month.
I live at a dead end as the last and only house there with our own woods. I use the LED lights to light up the area a little bit. There tends to be a collection of skeletons, gargoyles and a few inflatables for the front yard. The porch tends to have a few animated displays/monsters. This year, I am planning on testing out the Atmosfear FX pepper ghost outside or at the window. We don't get trick or treaters here, but we still go all out.

Dislikes:
Movies- don't need them.
Scene setters for the walls. won't use them.
Non LED lights. - cause fuse issues
fake blood/ gore stuff- can't use them
sound effects - don't need them

·
Registered
509 Posts
Back for more again.

Skeletons, skeleton animals, skeleton/zombie gnomes, skeleton fairies.
LED lights (color changers, red, or Halloween colors) If it's not LED, I can't use it.
Egyptian decorations/artifacts. - for kitchen and dining room theme.
Doll house decorations. - for wife's doll house.
Pepper Ghost DVD/Blu-rays. I already have Atmosfear FX: Bone Chillers, Ghostly Apparitions, Jack-O’-Lantern, Zombie Invasion!, and Shades of Evil.
Monster props.
Gargoyles.
Garden decorations.
Monster costumes or masks.
Lego monsters or toys.
Stuff monster dolls.
Chucky doll- lifesized.
Cyber goth or stream punk.

I have no problem with used decorations. This year, I am throwing a Halloween party on the first Sat of Oct for the friends and then a B-day party for the 7 year old near the middle of the month.
I live at a dead end as the last and only house there with our own woods. I use the LED lights to light up the area a little bit. There tends to be a collection of skeletons, gargoyles and a few inflatables for the front yard. The porch tends to have a few animated displays/monsters. This year, I am planning on testing out the Atmosfear FX pepper ghost outside or at the window. We don't get trick or treaters here, but we still go all out.

Dislikes:
Movies- don't need them.
Scene setters for the walls. won't use them.
Non LED lights. - cause fuse issues
fake blood/ gore stuff- can't use them
sound effects - don't need them

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,310 Posts
My list is more or less the same as last year.

I like Handmade, found, or new. I'm only too happy to see anything you choose to send!!
I tend to favor old vintage/traditional or Gothic. Subtle and spooky or creepy, nothing over the top or horror.
I love the ideas of the haunted mansion or Gothic oddities collections or garden. I also like a little whimsy. I adore Jim Henson, Brian Frund and Tim Burton. My decor is somewhat of a witches cottage indoor and Gothic garden/graveyard outside.

I'm not currently the guardian for any small friends with fur, feathers, or fins, and at present they only small people I get to entertain regularly belong to my nephew and his wife.

Thank you so much for your time and thoughtfulness reaper!

spells and books
potions
bugs, bugs and more bugs!
frogs
bats
pumpkins
Jack'O lanterns
lanterns
runes
black candles ( would love some led tapered candles)
scented candles
Halloween ribbons, lace ribbon, or burlap ribbon
burlap or cheese cloth ( can never get enough cheese cloth)
spiders
webs
(if looking to unload one would love one of the web guns)
owls
crows/ ravens
rats/ mice
tombstones
ghosts
skulls
I'm big on real bones, but I do like the small displays of the frog or toad skeleton or bat skeleton
signs
some glitter is OK
fullers earth would be super
corks for large mouth jars would be lovely
haunted mansion
Addams Family
Practical Magic
Hocus Pocus
Dark Crystal
Labyrinth
Harry Potter ~ Diagon alley
busts
voodoo
baking items
black feather boas
chains
black ostrich feathers (love these)

Dislikes or just can't use:
satanic
horror
blood and gore
body parts
clowns
aliens
zombies
dolls
day of the dead (great items, they just don't fit my decor.)
characters (Jason, Freddie,Michael etc.)
inflatable
blow molds

What ever you do I will absolutely love it!!

·
that dude ain't right
619 Posts
skeletons
skulls
undead/zombies
ghosts
graveyards
gore
lighting effects
sound effects
animatronics
trolls
creepy things
Mad scientist
monsters
aliens

Dislikes:

cutesy
glitter (I'm sure I'm the only one)
dead baby stuff

I'm really easy to please, and I can fix just about anything. I'll be happy with old broken pieces of things! I have 2 kids, a wife, and dogs. Usually I set up stuff outside, though indoor stuff works too. Don't kill yourself trying to get it "just right," I'm good with whatever I get. Though the more awesome the better. I love homemade stuff. Happy reaping!

Pinterest link https://www.pinterest.com/jeff_veillon/halloween-reaper-ideas/

·
Registered
465 Posts
Dearest Reaper. I am so sorry that my likes and dislikes are so vague. Sometimes life gets in the way of my hobbies.

If you send it, I will find a way to use it. Doesn't matter if its old, new or handmade. I love the idea of the secret reaper. I get sooooo excited stalking and putting together a box for my victim that I sometimes forget that I am getting a box too!!!

As my carved pumpkin avatar suggests, I am also a belly dancer. If you can find a way to link by two passions together, Belly dancing and Halloween, I would be eternally grateful!!!

I'm also just as happy with one very special item or a box of goodies.

We have downsized our outdoor decorations. This year we are doing a graveyard in the yard and huge spider webs on the porch. Indoors is a witch's kitchen and general scary decor.

The graveyard is the general spooky type of graveyard. Tombstones, lighting, spiderwebs, skeletons, etc.

The porch will be something new this year. I have envisioned spider webs covering the porch with lighting and spiders and cheesecloth ghosts flying from the ceiling.

My indoor witch's kitchen has been going on for years. I have two witches sitting at the table enjoying tea, and "lady" fingers. Lots of spooky lighting and decorations. I have plenty of potion bottles because I've been making them for years.

I do not have a pinterest page.

Sorry to be so vague.

Butcher packaging to make large spider webs on the porch.
Cheesecloth ghosts with styrafoam heads.
Witches
LED lighting.

Dislikes
Extreme gore (some is ok)
Extreme glitter (some is ok)
Clowns (I will die of heart failure if there is a clown in the box)

Still editing.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I'm doing a zombie/skeleton theme this year.

bones
body parts
organs
entrails
blood
creepy cloth
skeletal animals
webbing
Anything related to the Walking Dead
eyeballs
gargoyles
rats
spiders
pumpkins
ghosts
cats
vampires

Dislikes

clowns (this cannot be overstressed!)
creepy toys
creepy children

Thanks for doing this Bethene!

·
Registered
456 Posts
My likes/dislikes
rats
owls
ravens/black birds
bones
graveyard decorations
anything homemade
zombie related stuff humorous and or spine tingling
Lovecraftian type things ( Cthulu, Dagon, etc)
ghosts
werewolves, not Twilight-like but more like The Howling, or that 1980s show Werewolf
creepy bugs
Day of the Dead things
Witchdoctory kinds of things
Don't stress yourself, I'll be happy with practically anything really.

Dislikes:
gore, cutesy, zombie children/babies

·
Registered
322 Posts
Um, I like detail so this list might be kind of long, but I promise I'll be happy with anything Reaper! :D:D

For the first time, we’re skipping our big outdoor party, so this list will be more personal wants and likes than I’ve had in the past.

General Halloween: Can always use lights, creepy cloth, cheesecloth, creepy critters, skeletons, bones, and pumpkins.

Victorian things: I like decorations, costuming, jewelry, and anything steampunky. I love colored glass and long pendant-style necklaces.

Day of the Dead: Sugar skulls, skeleton figures, etc.

Literature: Edgar Allan Poe, Sleepy Hallow, etc. I like ghost stories and books on weird local legends and oddities. Since I live here, I already have a lot about California, but I’d love to learn about other places.

Apothecary: I have a few very nice potion bottles (thanks former reapers!), but I love other types of curiosities. I will, of course, always take more awesome bottles. :D

Miniatures: I’d love one of those tin box (Altoids) miniature scenes. Or the mini terrariums. Actually, I just like miniature stuff in general. If that’s your thing Reaper, go crazy.

Halloween Village: Love, love, love anything for my Halloween Village. I’ve been collecting and repainting Dollar Store pieces for a while now, so I’m not looking for anything expensive. Something cheap or second hand that I can repaint is great. Bits and pieces such as trees, shrubs, moss, fences, etc. are greatly needed too since I really want to build up the "grounds" this year.

Spiders: My favorite Halloween motif. I love ‘em all. Realistic, fuzzy, big, small…

Music: Finding new (to me) Halloween music makes me happy.

Disney: I’m a huge, huge Disney and Disneyland fan! Anything from the Haunted Mansion is great. Love the wallpaper print and all of the characters. Love Nightmare Before Christmas. And I love all things Disney Villains!

If you can sew, I would be super happy with anything you make. Sewing is like watching magic for me. I know there's a trick, but I've yet to figure it out.

I also always appreciate bits and pieces I can work/craft with--ribbon, tape, glue, styrofoam, wood, broken or imperfect jewerlry bits, even glitter. :D

Make, buy, recycle, upcycle, or re-gift it, whatever works for you Reaper. I’ll be a happy victim!

Dislikes: Blood, gore, zombies

I have a Secret Reaper Pinterest board. It has both things that I like and things that I want to work on for victims on it. Feel free to snoop through the other boards as well. We all do it. :cool: Pinterest

Small addition: Reaper, you might want to avoid real candles or items that can melt easily. I live in the desert and sometimes things like that don't survive to the doorstep.

Reactions: kmeyer1313

·
Dawn of the Dead
1,848 Posts
I’m doing a Halloween party that’s kind of like the Addams family but more like a monster house. All kinds of monsters living in a home and how they’re just like us in a lot of ways. My party idea board: https://www.pinterest.com/zim2/halloween-monster-house/ I do different themes every year so really anything is welcome.

Here are some projects you might want to tackle:
Sign that says Beware of the the Thing like in the Addams family show https://www.pinterest.com/pin/238901955209862423/
A creepy children’s style sign that says Brains 50 cents, Poison $1 – I’m going to have some child monsters selling their wares by the front door.
If you scroll through my Pinterest idea board above, you’ll see fake products for the bathroom and kitchen, like cereal, band-aids, etc. If you’re interested, the plan is to blow those up and put on boxes/cans.
Also there are a bunch of fake book covers I wanted to put on some books and display.
Some face pies using old masks (see board)
A spooky dollhouse and/or items to go in the dollhouse
Any kind of fake food with a horror bent to it.
Another idea was to create a monster chore chart for little monsters that I could hang somewhere.
Gigantic collar for Spot from the Munsters https://www.pinterest.com/pin/238901955209657664/
Go Away doormat like this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/238901955209861840/
Bag of snakes – Plan to put them under the doormat
Any macabre home items a monster might have in his/her home
I’d love a venus fly trap, eyeball flowers or other kind of macabre plants you can think of for monster mom’s flower garden
I just love this idea if someone is crafty enough to recreate. Or maybe you have another idea for a perilous pet that would fit in a 10 gallon tank. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/238901955209659360/
There are many pictures on my board that need printing out and put in frames.
Chef hat
Hawaiian shirt for a character prop
Frumpy house dress and curlers for a character prop
Plaid shirt for a character prop
Gloves to create hands for my character props – men and women
Any Victorian/gothic or macabre home décor
Anything for a cabinet of curiosity
Any taxidermy
The usual creepy cloth, netting, etc.
A bunch of plastic vampire teeth. Saw a cute idea to put them inside donut holes.
Halloween and gothic jewelry
Raw materials for things I can glue onto bottles for apothecary items https://www.pinterest.com/zim2/halloween-glassapothecary/

Dislikes
Glitter, pumpkins, dolls (I have enough), primitives, stuff that’s too cute

·
Registered
558 Posts
Let me just get the short list of dis likes out of the way

Dis like - cute or cartoony items, bloody / gory items, zombies, Jason and Freddy

Likes- homemade props, witch items ( I pretty much got that area covered), Voodoo items, pet cemetery items, swamp items

My theme will be Voodoo on Bayou ( we have had 15" of rain since June 1st. The whole county looks like a swamp) We bought a small farm that has 15 acres of woods that surround 2 sides and fields on other sides. We have a huge Swamp Oak in the front yard. The woods is really swampy naturally and has several rainy season ponds. So I thought it's a no brainier on the theme. I am in need of lots of things for this theme. I am co focusing on 4 main areas. 1st- front porch will be the swamp Witch shack. I have tons of witch stuff but still could use anything swamp witch like. 2nd- swamp maize. We have a 10x20 or so dog kennel or play area at the side of the house with a front and back gate. I will be making a short maize of sorts. I need more realistic snakes, frogs, bugs, gator, moss. 3rd- we have a big wood fenced tortoise pen that I will be using for a Bayou pet cemetery. I have dog, cat, rat, crow bonez props but that's it. In need of tombstones, lighting, moss, signs or any other related items you clever haunter might dream up. 4th- area is the back patio and I will be transforming it into a Voodoo Shanty. I have literally nothing yet but have plans in my head, lol. So anything Voodoo related would be great. I am wanted to make a path or trail to lead everyone to all the areas so I am in need of things to mark the path. Rope, lighting, moss, snakes and so on. I hope this helps me Reaper.

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
Theme: Tanz der Vampire
indoor stuff please

would really, really love some Tanz der Vampire pictures (my printer doesn't work) also looking for the play not the movie ...maybe even some homemade throw pillows or other homemade things with Tanz pics...posters from Tanz...etc.

my wishlist on pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/wikkidpunkin/halloween-wish-list-2015/ can look here for ideas or search for pictures of Graf von Krolock...my favorite actors are Steve Barton, Kevin Tarte, Drew Sarich, Ivan Ozhogin, Jan Ammann, Florian Soyka...there are others but these are the top 6.

This is the theme and everything will be inside. But I really don't care what I receive I know I will like it all. Bought or homemade.
You can also send something I can use for next year if you can't come up with anything for this year. I will be doing Halloween Haunted Theatre: see wish list here https://www.pinterest.com/wikkidpunkin/hallowen-wish-list-2016/

·
Registered
388 Posts
My list:

I do a walkthrough haunt every year with a foyer, cemetery, cornfield, dungeon, swamp, Egyptian tomb and witch's shack. I'm always looking for items to fit these scenes. Thank you so much Reaper!!!!

Here is a link to pics of last year's haunt: http://www.halloweenforum.com/general-halloween/140536-my-haunted-estate-2014-a.html

My Pinterest Halloween board: https://www.pinterest.com/jabrizz42/halloween-ideas-i-love/

The skeleton rat, spider and scorpion available this year.
Egyptian treasures
Pirate treasures
Swamp items (fake greenery, jute netting, voodoo items, shrunken heads, shack/bayou items)
Busts
Gargoyles and garden statues
Tiki gods, realistic tiki masks or statues
Interesting witch shack items
Antiques or old items for details
Flameless candles, LED or battery operated
Old cages or birdcages
Strobe lights or colored spotlights
Chains, tools, hooks
Apothecary jars and cloches
Hanging witch jars
Cemetery fencing
Unique tombstones
Funkins and realistic pumpkins
I'd love a ton of the Dollar Tree carving pumpkins so I can start turning my front yard tree into a Halloween Tree a la the Ray Bradbury novel.
Witch hands (like the ones that hook onto a wall and reach out)
Hanging or lifesize props
Antique, thrift and handmade as well as store-bought are amazing and perfectly welcome!

Dislikes or Don't Needs:
Blowmolds and Inflatables
Indoor décor, paper cut-outs, etc.
Cutesy or country items
Glitter
Food and candy
Party items like dishes, trays, etc.
Real wax candles
Music and Movies
Toxic waste/zombie outbreak/apocalypse items
Dollar Tree tombstones, foam signs, lenticulars (I already have most of them plus extra, haha)
Things that feature black cats or cat skeletons (I'm sensitive to that, haha)

Stores I don't have near me, so I'd probably love things from them:
At Home
Christmas Tree Shoppe
99 Cent Only
Five Below
CVS (I visited one out of state this past year to get the teeth under glass)[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
183 Posts
editing for more detail:
To start I just want to say how excited I am by anything you'll send! I'm sure it will be just perfect! I do particularly love handcrafted or thrifted items, but I really do love it all.

Likes: classic movie monsters, fairy tales, zombies, psychobilly, retro, vampires, stage makeup, black cats (I have two of my own), Alfred Hitchcock (may be our theme this year), Edgar Allen Poe, Danny Elfman, Batman (villains), rock and roll, creepy plants, ravens, cheesecloth, anything handmade, anatomical hearts, bats!, tiki, skeletons, owls, glitter, Addams Family, Babadook, Hocus Pocus, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, recycle/reuse/thrift, travel, sleepy hollow, animal print, oddities, potions, foreign languages (I speak German), books, ghosts, rats, vegetarian cooking/recipes, wall art.

Dislikes: clowns, twilight, butterflies, moths, worms, leather, maggots, tootsie rolls, meat, kid stuff, cutesy non-vintage (cute vintage is ok).

I don't have any outdoor space, I'm in NYC so please make things indoor friendly. I need creepy lighting in general. I do have nifty columns in my new kitchen, so I'd like something to creepify them.

Pinterest:
https://www.pinterest.com/tashura/

1 - 20 of 277 Posts