Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The thread below re: What you like about Halloween set off a depth charge in my gray matter.
I know Jack Skellington is popular but has anyone ever incorporated other holidays into their haunt.?
Say a deranged Easter bunny handing out rotten eggs or a berserk Uncle Sam with a bazooka or a real nasty leprechaun guarding his pot of gold or maybe Indians torturing pilgrims. I'm thinking that could fill up some space in a haunt in a hurry. Or am I just too sick?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm talking other holidays made gruesome and incorporated into a haunt. I think you would have to include more than 1 or 2 to get the theme across.

·
Super Moderator
5,902 Posts
I'm talking other holidays made gruesome and incorporated into a haunt. I think you would have to include more than 1 or 2 to get the theme across.

I think you start with the TrickRTreat promos...

Easter

Father's day

The Leprechaun series has plenty to draw from for St Patrick's

Valentines:

Valentine and My Bloody Valentine come to mind.

The only thing around the 4th of July I can think of is Jaws...

There is the horrendous low budget Thankskilling that is....well, you need to have a certain tolerance built up for that...but nothing much else I can think of for thanksgiving either.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unorthodox
Funny clips. Well funny to me anyway. Exactly the spirit I was thinking of.

4th of July would be Uncle Sam.Pilgrims and Indians for Thanksgiving. Christmas could be overworked elves having revenge on Santa .Oh such fun!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Setting" an abandoned 1840 Stone house next to the highway, on a curve where traffic has to slow down.
I sawed out a Pilgrim, painted him to look right, then sawed out a large turkey with the fan of tail feathers, holding a Blunderbuss! The Turkey went into the second floor window (no wood frame, no glass at all.)
His "Prey" was Mr. Pilgrim as he stood below in the yard in a position of twisting half around looking back at Mr. Turkey!
Two days later it was gone to never bee seen again?? Oh, well?

·
Registered
460 Posts
How about sone non-bank holidays? Stabbed corpses over paperwork & Skeletons at typewriters for Administrative Professionsl's Day. Maybe some bats carrying memos.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Veterans Day--No--leave it alone. not funny, not smart.
We have quite a few Veterans here, a Parade that marches passed the monuments with the names of those who served in the Civil War and another monument of those who DIED in World War One-World War Two, Korea, Vietnam. some marching were in Desert Storm.

If a Veteran, those who fought for this country, can't be respected, well, then I guess such a person probably doesn't respect anyone, but they should.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts