Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and I are looking to find two old masks that were mass produced in the 1990's. We have searched high and low, and can not find them anywhere. We're looking for information on where we might find old masks from a collector, or get them recreated at a low price. They are very sentimental to us, and ours were destroyed by not being stored properly. I have attached a photo to this message. Any ideas would be great! Thank you. We have checked EBay and Etsy, and numerous other online resources. If you have these masks we are willing to make a deal 5E1F4683-722C-4713-AB1B-5EE11158CEF3.jpg

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,688 Posts
Do you have the old masks to check to see if there was a manufacturer's imprint? Most of these will have one somewhere around the inside or along the edges.

Otherwise, you might have some luck figuring them out from things like http://halloweenmonstermasks.com/catalog/index.html

Just from the pic you posted, they look vaguely like Be Something Studios

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,688 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,688 Posts
Further research shows the company Topstone went out of business in 1995 but was bought out by the Paper Magic Company. I would crop that catalog page on that one mask that is one you're trying to find and then do a search for Topstone and Paper Magic Company masks. If you find collectors that are selling several types of that product line, you might ask them to help you find it for a fee or to alert you if they have one they might like to sell.

Good luck!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much for the help! This gives me some hope. Now I have more research to do. If anyone else has any other info, please feel free to post!.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I've been able to track down a mask in the wild that was found at a Goodwill store, and sold multiple times! They exist! I'm still trying to track down the current owner to ask to buy.

I've had no luck on the werewolf mask. I think it is Be something Studio, but can't find it anywhere in the wild. Any suggestions on how to track this one down? I've send 100's of emails, messages, ebay, etsy, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I've been able to track down a mask in the wild that was found at a Goodwill store, and sold multiple times! They exist! I'm still trying to track down the current owner to ask to buy.

I've had no luck on the werewolf mask. I think it is Be something Studio, but can't find it anywhere in the wild. Any suggestions on how to track this one down? I've send 100's of emails, messages, ebay, etsy, etc. captain for sale.jpg

Update: I have purchased one of the two now! The TopStone mask was found! Lets get that werewolf mask! Thanks for all the help!

Update 2: Someone on another pages is telling me that the werewolf mask is also a TopStone mask, but I can not confirm what year.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,688 Posts
That is awesome you were able to find one of them and you're on the trail for the other!! So glad this site helped you - that is amazing!! :D

At least you're 50% there. :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, this website was a TREMENDOUS help! We have also made progress on the other mask. We are thinking that it is this Topstone Joe Bonomo Beast Man Mask. I have no idea what year, but guessing 1982 or 1983. It looks very similar, and I'm guessing the mask that we originally owned had the eyes cut out at some point. There is a guy selling this mask but unfortunatley, it has been modified for display purposes, and not wearable. Any other info on this mask would be great! Screen Shot 2018-10-19 at 8.02.41 AM.jpg

Here is the old photo for comparison.

3.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts