Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2013 I was trying to put more decoration and theme into the haunt. Were as previous years there was nothing to look at, the haunt was nothing but people jumping out. I'm really proud of the improvements I have made this year.

Made a better candy area, a witches hut.
1.jpg

I stuck an electric chair in the front for the kids to sit in and have there picture taken.
2.jpg

The Lobby Room...
3.jpg

Something total new this year was a padded room, and it was actually padded because it was made with some old MMA/Wrestling mat.
4.jpg

Walk way to "The Doctor' room.
5.jpg

The Doctors Ears! An idea I got from an actor in the Halloween Hellmouth haunted house.
6.jpg

The Doctor Himself.
7.jpg

A new for 2013 cemetery, my girlfriend carved some of the stones.
8.jpg

Another new for 2013, a mausoleum. I painted it and everything inside with drylock so it had the look of stone, even though it was flat.
9.jpg

The crypt in the wall of the mausoleum.
10.jpg

All of us standing out in front of the haunt.
11.jpg

An idea we had at 11 o'clock Halloween night, we had so much fun that I thought why not open November 1st, and to make it better, run the haunt in complete darkness. So Desoto Asylum "Blackout" was born. Worked out pretty good for such short notice. We had 54 people go through "Blackout"
blackout facebook.jpg

12.jpg

Walk-through Video.

Best Scares Of 2013

More Picture? Question? Ask Away....

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ matrix mom, Thank You I have been trying to add more furniture and stuff to add more realism.

@StanFam3, Yes we had lots of fun.

@crazy xmas, Thank you.

·
Halloween Elitist
2,891 Posts
I like your haunt Gumpster, I really like the idea of the electric chair for a photo op, did a lot of people take pictures sitting in it, I'm going to steal this idea, sounds like a fun photo op.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like your haunt Gumpster, I really like the idea of the electric chair for a photo op, did a lot of people take pictures sitting in it, I'm going to steal this idea, sounds like a fun photo op.

Not as mean as I would have thought, some looked at it and walked off, I think they thought is was just there for looks.
Next year I will stick a sign on it that say photo Op.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
After all of the years I have had my haunt open (almost every night for the last 26 years) I still feel I am working 98% of the time to merely please people and hear their compliments. Nice exit film of nice words, from so many people!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts