Halloween Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay! Here are the scene/prop design submissions for the Medusa DMX contest.

Please leave a comment, and vote for your favorite submission!

In the order of submission...

dionicia

I have always wanted to animate my Jack Skellington and also build an animated Oogey Boogey. I would use the servos to animate the heads for both and incorporate the LEDs for lighting using the relays to control the LEDs.

I would have them both singing in my pumpkin patch and exchanging banter. The ToTs would love it.

Eventually, I would like to build the kids, the mayer and maybe Sally and animate them too but I would need a lot more controllers for that. :)

Rev. Noch

[Editor: click the photo or the link for Rev. Noch's modularized Medusa DMX, and his plans for Medusa-haunt 2010]

Medusa Control Box + Haunt 2010
http://www.ohmmygadgets.com/files/applications/Medusa Control Box expanded.pdf

Ghost of Mark Goodson

[Editor: click the photo to see a video of Mark's 2009 Haunted Organist]

Your board was controlling what I call the hand sleds and the hand up and down movement on the servo side. I also utilized it's relay capabilities to trigger play buttons of two DVD players to sink my video affects with the VSA show. Next time (yes I already have another organ) I will use more relays to control fog machines and use you LED side to light the organ pipes. Oh and I will be using the relay out to trigger my brightsigns [audio/video players] ;-)

So there they are, the Medusa DMX design contest entrants! Remember, the contest was for the best idea - entrants didn't have to build their submission.
Please - while you're here, visiting this blog, post a comment voting for your favorite submission.
I'll leave the voting open for 3 days, and see where that gets us :)

Thank you!

·
Registered
206 Posts
OUCH! That's a tough choice. I think they are all fantastic. However, I am going to vote for Dionica as I'd like to see her's come about. Not to slight the other two. They have used the Medusa to fantastic effect.

Rev. Noch's Box is AWESOME! I want one. Just wish I understood half of what he's talking about in his pdf lol.

I loved the organist the first time I saw him and he's only going to get cooler when Mark ups the ante.

But, Dionica needs to make that NBC scene happen. So, my vote is there.

·
Registered
354 Posts
LOL, I vote for me! (is that even allowed?)

On my PDF, I know that there is a lot of information on my setup. I would be happy to shed some light on any questions that anyone may have regarding what I did. So if you need links to specific hardware or have questions for me, please feel free to ask. It is really nice to have this box so that I can quickly attach/detach/change props or whatever I want.

Thanks to Hooked for accepting my blasted word document and squashing it down into that PDF. I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I couldn't get the blasted thing smaller than 80MB using Primo PDF or CutePDF, oh well.

·
Registered
60 Posts
As much as I like the organ, I have to vote for Rev because he is better utilizing the boards capabilities and he went thru all that trouble making that neat enclosure with quick disconnects.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
This is a hard choice for me between Rev for utilizing the medusa to get the most bang for his buck animating many things through the haunt....Or Mark's VERY detailed One Stop Prop that does everything!....I know I have to vote for only one so "The Rev" get's my vote because that's along the lines of how I'd probably use one.....Plus obviously he put ALOT of effort into this contest with all the details.....ZR

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, everyone! Thanks for the submissions, and for turning out to vote. Looks like Rev. Noch takes the prize! Can't wait to see the Medusa DMX put through it's paces by your ambitious haunt. Please PM me with your address, and I'll ship your prize out to ya on Monday!

Happy Halloween!
- Hook

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wow I saw this contest pop up pretty much when I first joined and I'm glad now that I didn't embarrass myself by entering lol. Good job all three and Rev Noch nice info

1 - 9 of 9 Posts