Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies and germs, boys and ghouls!!!
...to celebrate the impending doom... I mean, haunt season 2010, I'm here to offer up a modest contest. Exorcise your creative creature-within, design the most frighteningly exciting scene, and win a Medusa DMX!

The Contest
Use your imagination, phone-a-friend, Ouija board, whatever-ya-got to design the best darn animated Halloween scene you can, using the capabilities of one Medusa DMX. You don't have to actually build it, just put your vision into words, and post it to this thread. Please post what each output will be connected to, and give a general story-board concept to let us see your brand of terror. ;)

The contest is open for one week, ending 9/20 at 11:59pm PST, after which I'll add a poll to let everyone vote on the winner.

The Skinny
So, what've you got to work with? Well, the Medusa DMX works along with Brookshire's VSA animation software to let you control...
(8) Hobby servo motors
(8) LEDs
(8) Relays

Remember, there are very high-torque servos out there (check out servocity.com), and you can use super-bright 1/2W LEDs or even string LEDs together. If you need any more info, please refer to the manual.

Alright... One-two-three go! Let's see those creative juices oozing!

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
That's an awesome idea!....You should have it set up somehow so that all entries get posted at the same time so no one plays off of anyone elses ideas though...That way there would be no advantage between the person who posted first to the person who posts last....It would keep it 100% original if no one saw anyone elses ideas....Just a thought....ZR

·
Insane Genius
1,251 Posts
I think it would be a little unfair if I entered this, but heres a suggestion to those considering entering......using the DMXorcist software as a player you can run multiple VSA routines to the same board at the same time, so a single scene using a single board could contain background features running on a loop, features played at random times, sequences played in random orders, and sequences triggered by sensors, each sequence can contain sound and or motion and or lighting features.

·
Dead and loving it.
1,620 Posts
I have always wanted to animate my Jack Skellington and also build an animated Oogey Boogey. I would use the servos to animate the heads for both and incorporate the LEDs for lighting using the relays to control the LEDs.

I would have them both singing in my pumpkin patch and exchanging banter. The ToTs would love it.

Eventually, I would like to build the kids, the mayer and maybe Sally and animate them too but I would need a lot more controllers for that. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.