Halloween Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi girls/guys!

I was cleaning my bedroom where I've got a few Dept 56 Halloween pieces out year-long (can't find the boxes to pack them up!) and I'm wondering if anyone has made their own large backdrops for their villages? It kind of popped into my head because there used to be a nice garden store near me that would do a huge set piece for their Christmas village, with white mini-lights poked through drilled holes in a large painted wood.

How big are your setups, and do you display them all together, or scattered all around the house in dfferent places? I'd love to see pics, if people have them!

~Barbarella

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
We have houses packed away. Unfortunately, we collected way too many and now it just seems like a major chore to pull them out. I'm talking about $5,000 worth of ceramic houses. Yeesh, what were we thinking! We have had them up in the past and did all of the dickens houses in a tiered snow setup. The xmas city we put on the mantel and then in little clusters around the house. This was for a big xmas party.

We didn't do any type of backdrop. Our friend has a train set and did one for that. You can pick up most backdrops at the hobbie shops that have train sets and accessories. Easy enought to paint snow onto them.

I think I have pics but, no idea where they are. I'll try to find some.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have four Halloween displays...I only did a backdrop for the large display...I used black fabric and styrofoam....Hubby carved the styro to make it look like a mountain...then he painted....you can view my village set up by linking on webshot photos...good luck!:)

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gromit05, those pics are great! You've got an awesome looking setup there... and what a nice hubby to help out too! :) Do you have a separate lighting source, or just the lights from the different pieces?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Thanks! I added Lemax-Halloween purple lights throughout my display...that seems to help with lighting and an eerie effect... :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts