Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the idea to dress up as a dentist for halloween, and to decorate my kitchen like a dental office. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find dental x-ray prints that I can use as part of the decoration.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry, guess I should have said actual dental x ray printouts, like they use in a doctors office on the light box. I've found people selling ones of arms and skulls on ebay, but not dental ones.

·
Banned
524 Posts
The suggestion above would work. You are looking for clear overhead projector transparencies. That is exactly what they are called. You can get them at any Office Depot, Office Max and probably Wal-Mart too. Just find pictures like the ones in the link below.

Dental X Ray Pics - Google Image Search

Then instead of printing them out on paper you would use the transparencies. Probably worked better with a laser jet printer though.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I only have inkjet, but I'll check for inkjet compatible transparencies, or maybe there's a laser printer at my work. Thanks!

·
Undead Handyman
556 Posts
Take your paper printout to Kinkos (or work) and copy it onto your transparency. The result will be better and more durable (just remember to feed the machine one transparency at a time.) ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have an idea for you. Im a Chiropractor in Denver and I have tons of old Xrays that we have in a trashcan in our xray room, they are films that didnt come out right or had to be taken over again. I usually throw one in my processor before I put a new film in to warm it up first. Anyway, you might stop by your Dentist's office and see if they have any films that they are going to toss. You would have to cut out the name area of course for privacy issues. Good luck. THe other ideas sound good too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the idea! My dentist is very friendly, so I'll see if she has some like that. Problem is, a lot of dentists go digital these days. no printouts, just digital stills. But who knows.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have taken dental xrays before. The film size is around 1" x 1". Pretty small I dont know what you were planning on doing with them. I had a bunch of old ones but I may have threw them away already.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts