Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of dental distortions. I like them, forget what style.

but now I need zombie teeth.
I see they have them in the pro line. 20 more than standard.

so I was wondering if anyone has these and can tell me if they think they are worth the extra$.

are they really thinner and reduce lip protrusion... enough to be noticeable or is it negligible?

·
Registered
706 Posts
In that price range, I dunno. But I've always hated any "mold it yourself" type teeth. So I went the long, spendy way around that problem and had my dentist get me some custom fangs made. They are molded to my own teeth, and from the front it's just the two fangs (no gums or extra teeth) so they look incredibly real. Even then, I still notice them sticking out a bit when my mouth is closed, so I'd say the Dental Distortions would also still do that to some extent.

If you just want nasty-looking, you should be able to find some tooth paint. That stuff has a really...weird texture but it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much did you pay to have the dentist do fangs?

I had some custom fangs made years ago $100 at a convention.
then tried making them myself with stuff from monster makers. came out pretty good. not as good as the custom fangs though, but pretty close.

the lip protrusion I am referring to is how much it makes the lip stick out over the dentures.

In that price range, I dunno. But I've always hated any "mold it yourself" type teeth. So I went the long, spendy way around that problem and had my dentist get me some custom fangs made. They are molded to my own teeth, and from the front it's just the two fangs (no gums or extra teeth) so they look incredibly real. Even then, I still notice them sticking out a bit when my mouth is closed, so I'd say the Dental Distortions would also still do that to some extent.

If you just want nasty-looking, you should be able to find some tooth paint. That stuff has a really...weird texture but it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I made a deal with my dentist for them, but the cost will depend on the lab they send it to, their fees, and how they make them. Not cheap, but a much better fit and they will last for several years if stored correctly.

They are pretty thin, but I do still get a little bit of protrusion. Better than with a full set of teeth and gums type, though.

·
Clarification: Not A Man
1,182 Posts
If you're concerned about the cost not being worth the difference between the main and pro lines, you could always make an attempt to thin down the regular set yourself. Use a dremel and work at it slowly and evenly until it's the way you want it.
This, of course, risks breaking the set by creating a weak spot, or damaging them badly.

If I recall correctly, you could able to talk with them and work out making a custom fitted set. This would require you sending them a cast of your teeth, and would cost more, but you would have a set that fits perfectly right out of the box. I can't say if they still do it, but it may be worth an email asking for information or an estimate.

You might also be able to ask for comparison pictures, or some kind of measurement for the difference in thickness.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts