Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AKA - S.M. Barrett
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How-do, gang.

I have a couple of projects just begging for paper clay or paper mache clay as a medium, so I went looking around.

Like most newbies to the realm of pulp products, there are losts of recipes. Some love flour and glue with water, some hate it. Some use pure glue, some use corn starch, some use gluten, etc.
Needless to say, boiling shredded paper or mixing up pastes is not my idea of a good time, and since I won't be using too much of the stuff, I decided to go look at commercial products.

The pickiest and most tempermental seems to be Celluclay, which is difficult to get the water ratio right with, and never really gets as smooth as you might want.
"Paperclay" in the little square package seems to have a decent following, but like a lot of commercial products, it cracks a lot.

The one that keeps getting good reviews online is Delight Paperclay. So I figured I'd ask you folks - have any of you tried it, and did you like it?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I use Celluclay for my papier-mâché crafts. It does takes some work getting it to the right consistency, I'm to the point where I start off with the amount of Celluclay I'd like to use and just ad water little by little until I get it where I want it. It can be a b*tch for drying time; you can throw it in the oven to speed that up though. You are right, it's not very smooth when you're using it, but it can be if you sand it well afterwards. I have had some really good results with it, but maybe that's just me lol. I've never used Paperclay, but if you try it and it works well I'd like to hear your review on it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts