Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My beautiful brother Robert who had Downs Syndrome passed away on July 27th. He was 47 and LOVED Halloween and monsters. Especilly the old ones like the Mummy, Frankenstien and Dracula. So this year every decoration I put out and every card I send will be in his memory. There will be lots of tears but also lots of laughter as I remember how excited he use to get.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
mamawof2, I am deeply sorry for your loss. What a wonderful remembrance to dedicate your decorations and cards to his memory. Robert's spirit will live on.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts
I'm so sorry for your family's loss. :(

That is lovely that you're decorating in his honor - he must have been a really cool guy and I'm sure he'll be missed.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Doing something Halloween as a memorial, will keep his love of the season alive & a good remembrance.

Sorry,

Haunty

·
Registered
13,895 Posts
Sorry to hear the news of your brother's passing, Mamawol2. Enjoy and cherish your memories of him and he'll always be with you. I love the idea of dedicating this years Halloween to him. Do you have any pics of the two of you trick or treating as a kid that you can frame?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Sorry to hear that. My wife's mother died 4 years ago at the young age of 43. She also enjoyed halloween greatly. You can never replace a loved one, but carrying on the spirit of something they also enjoyed helps you remember the good times!

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Mamawof2 my thoughts and prayers go out to you girl. I have to believe that if your brother liked Halloween and the old school monsters as much as you say he did then decorating in his memory is a wonderful idea. I know he will be watching from up above smiling and being thrilled that you did that for him. I believe strongly in that and I hope .... while it will be sad at times when you are decorating or sending out cards......that it also helps bring back some fond memories of your brother and brings a small smile to your face. What a lovely and thoughtful way to remember someone.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
My deepest and most sincere sympathies on your loss.

Halloween is the time when the boundaries between the realms are at their weakest, so I'm sure that Robert will be there with you, Enjoying his favourite holiday.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts