Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have done a yard haunt for 4 years now and each year I buy new items to add to my collection. I find though I have collected a mass of skulls and skeletons. Not only as props but skulls on plates, bowls, cups, vintage cards, table cloths, figurines, candles, candle holders, jewelry----just about everything!

Does anyone else find they do this too with a certain item? :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
I tend to collect lots of skulls as well. I've also figured out I have lots (probably too much) spider items. I'm terrified of them but not all people are. It's hard to find a variety of items without paying a small fortune for them. But, I'm determined to buy and build unique items this year that none of our guests have seen. (I host a big party every year).

·
Registered
329 Posts
I am the same as you, halloweenie1!!! When I decided on my day of the dead theme this year, I realised that most of my decorations seem to be skulls or skeleton related somehow, which has worked out nicely :)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
pumpkins and jack ol anterns it seems here ....so i must make an effort to increase my witch items!

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
...It's hard to find a variety of items without paying a small fortune for them... I'm determined to buy and build unique items this year that none of our guests have seen...
Hi Witch Hazel,

I understand--- I feel the same about my items as well! I find it's best to pick certain items you love and then embelish upon it at home.
Just a suggestion, have you ever checked Grandin Road's website?

Halloween Decorations, Outdoor Halloween Decor, Halloween Costumes - Grandin Road

I purchased a few things form them last year and I was very satisfied. Not cheap, but the selection of halloween items is very good.

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Goretraits or other framed scary pictures, any decor that looks like it's made of rock (e.g., gargoyles) - like the ones that Michael's is selling now, some Lemax but I don't go too crazy with it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Funny, I noticed a pattern in my collections as well. Mostly haunted houses and black cats.
Great thread!

·
Shadow Crosser
741 Posts
I'm always buying theme setters....because I used to cover ALL my walls in black plastic...so I've gotten really into the theme setters.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks Halloweenie1. That sight has some really unique items. I'm willing to pay a little bit more for quality things. Martha Stewart sells her stuff on there & she actually has some really neat ideas, products.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have pumpkins galore almost always it seems they are everywhere which is ok with me because I love them ...... Maybe a bit much for other people tho :p

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have lots of pumpkins too but what would Halloween be without them? I use a lot of jack o lanterns because they provide eerie lighting. My guests have commented on how cool it is to see so many around & it provides a really neat ambience (along with a lot of candles).

·
Registered
491 Posts
tend to gather odd things for a mad lab i have done for a while, more skulls, making my own tombstones and potions labels lol and scene setters decorations of what catches my eyes

·
Registered
668 Posts
I have to say that I too have a vast array of halloween knicknacks...... maybe *gasp* too many even

·
Registered
343 Posts
Most of my Halloween momentos seem to be either skeleton or tombstone related, though I'm trying to see if I can get some more unique items to shake things up a little.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts