Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,702 Posts
I really, really love this. It's not frightening for the littles, and it is fun/whimsical and colorful and definitely Halloween with a capital H. I also think the towers and arch are pretty nifty but it's just lovely overall. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Frankie's Girl. Hearing that makes it all worth it. That is exactly what I was going for. The children really love it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comment Stinkerbell n Frog Prince, I was inspired by a post on here called Pumpkin Pail Columns by CycloneJack on 02-08-2018 in the Forum: Halloween Props section. He has photos of how to make it. Check it out if you want to make on for yourself.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Years ago when I live in Arizona we would put out luminarias for Christmas. They were warm and inviting, and it was a joy to see a house lit up with them. You've accomplished the same thing with pumpkins for Halloween. It is just about the friendliest looking place I've ever seen, but still has that spirit to it that lets everyone know this is a Halloween House to be reckoned with. Great job!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think its great!
If you were to add anything, it would be the little pumpkin treat holders.
Drill a hole in the bottoms, attach twist tie to the handle and twist on to the branches of your tree.
I put about 100 in a dogwood each year and its MY favorite.
Its a Pumpkin Tree, where pumpkins grow like an apple tree.
Then they fall to the ground and grow bigger!
I then use up lighting at the base of the tree.

Jerseyscare

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Jerseyscare. I like your suggestion. I was going to put the same kind of pumpkin lights in the trees that I have on the fence but I ran out of time. Mayby I will be able to add them this year.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,435 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of plastic pumpkins! I love the look of your house and I really like the archway.

I remember seeing some pics years ago of someone on this forum hanging the pails in a tree and lighting them. Looked terrific!
Something I want to try one day.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you Wolfman Joe. To answer your question I just used strings of orange mini lights for the lights in the columns and the archway. Each column had a string of 100 orange mini lights wrapped around it for a total of 300 lights for each column grouping. For the archway I used strings of orange mini lights. I put about 11 or 12 lights in each pumpkin.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts