Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lanai area serves as our party dance floor and it always looks so plain. I dye the pool red and hang things from the pool screen but my walls always look so plain because I have yet to discover anything that sticks to stucco. I have tried to Gorialla Tape scene setters to the walls but they fall down. If anyone has any other ideas on how to spook up a lanai with stucco walls --- I would love to hear from you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
our house is stucco and all I find is spider webs that stick. You could find some tall broken branches, stick them in pots, and make them creepy with creepy cloth and lights.

·
Registered
100 Posts
we use these little tacky double stick squares that come in a roll. You can find them at Wal-Mart in the sewing section orat Michaels. They work great.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we use these little tacky double stick squares that come in a roll. You can find them at Wal-Mart in the sewing section orat Michaels. They work great.
Princess Loiselle -- any idea what they are called or who makes them?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The are called "dashes" at least the ones I have purchased from save-on-crafts.com
But be warned - they are a tough to remove.
Matrixmom -- I use those for everything but never tried them outside. When you remove them did it take paint with it?

·
Registered
14,083 Posts
our house is stucco and all I find is spider webs that stick. You could find some tall broken branches, stick them in pots, and make them creepy with creepy cloth and lights.

After reading the OP I immediately thought of spider webbing. If you have a somewhat rough stucco on your house the tips of it tend to act like natural velcro.

B Scary, do you have a wooden eave above the wall that is easily accessible with a short ladder? I'm thinking either attaching a few hooks into the wood that would allow you to more or less suspend a "clothesline" along the span and then attach "scenery drapery" to that line. My hubby doesn't want me drilling or nailing into our wood eaves so last year i picked up some large tension clamps from Harbor Freight that will firmly hold onto the wooden beams supporting our garage eaves and gutter. I figure I'll try doing a similar clothesline appraoch attached to the clamps and if I keep the scenery panel really light weight the hope is that it will suspend it with no problems. These clamps take quite a bit of hand pressure to open in order to slip onto the wood beam and the grip is really tight after you release it so I think it could work but haven't done a setup at the garage yet. If it does work it would avoid screwing or pounding in hardware to anchor the clothesline to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts