Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Still lurking in the background mostly but starting to get some things together for the Season.

I am getting a couple LOR controllers on their June sale. I have these - http://www.wowlights.com/ProductDetail.asp?Category=19&Product=93

Plus a few carved Funkins that I can put lights in to control. I plan to make a couple singing faces, not sure if more pumpkins or ghosts.

I have an area of to the side between my neighbor's and my yard. Since we live on the bend this area is a bit of a corner. It is also a bit recessed. I was thinking cemetery and fog machine but not sure how to incorporate that. For those sages out there would it be best to have it lit up the entire time with constant chilled fog or intermittent?

Any other recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks for your time and assistance,
Jim

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
You gotta go Pumpkin:

As for fog....if you can get it to stay low, let it run all night long. Sadly, the weather here is usuually not godod for it so I set a couple out on timers

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what I have to work with -

Slate_zps1f98aa50.jpg

Most of this will be on the right side of the house due to the bush filling a lot of the left. The area I was looking for the graveyard is in that little pocket by the drain off area next to the fence. It is a bit of a cul-de-sac between the house and fence. Also the street light doesn't light up that area well.

That's my biggest issue is a nice street light right across the lane. Most of the time it's rather nice to have as we have kids in the area and jerks who love treating the street as a race track. Rather nice when you have a nearly blind corner...

But when the Holiday Seasons come it is a bit of an annoyance as it lights up my yard a bit.

Jim

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Definitely more pumpkins and ghosts. And skulls, and rats, and bats. You can never have to much of a good thing. I don't know if you have been haunting for awhile, or just starting. I assume your budget is tight, like most haunters. Thrift stores and garage sales can be your best friends. An idea I was given once was using shrub or tree limbs you have cut for filler. You can string lights in some old cut down shrubs and fill in bare spots. Drive a post or rebar in the ground, tie a tree limb to it, and instant tree to hang a ghost or some bats. If you or the neighbors haven't been doing any landscaping, hit the curbs on trash day and pick up some shrub there. It's a cheep way to fill in bare spots. And at night it looks spooky, since the dark covers many things that look cheesy by day.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's what I was thinking for my first year -

Halloween.jpg

I will be using LOR for timing the lights to music. Unfortunately I have figure what I will do on the other side of the yard and still keep everything balanced. I will have 32 zones of control.

Jim

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the finalized design -

Halloween.jpg

I got the coroplast for the bats and ghosts in yesterday. Should get the singing pumpkin (minus the lights) today. Already have the "backup" pumpkins and gravestones. Slowly coming together.

Big thing will be getting the controllers next month.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts