Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya everyone,

I'm having a halloween party with the costume theme 'Once Upon A Time' . I was just going to decorate with conventional halloween decorations, and leave the theme to the costumes. But reading all of your creative ideas, I thought help may be at hand to decorate to the theme. This will be my first real halloween party, and not guarenteed that I'll have another, so I'm trying to keep the cost down. It's also not at my house, so hoping to keep the mess down!

I've already bought some spider webs and fake spiders, and cut out loads of bat shapes from black cardboard and given them red glitter eyes...

Any help would be much appriciated.

Many thanks xx

·
Reaper
3,611 Posts
One upon a time makes me think of a really elegant party. Cool goblets i've heard you can get from dollar tree. Some kind of bright green or bright red punch. A candy dish with the traditional dry ice fog. Old looking candlesticks with webs, crows, tons of pumpkins. I like the black cardboard and red glitter eyes. you could make a lot of cardboard things like bats and have them hang from the ceiling w/ fishing line.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was hoping to combine the two, so I'm dressing up as a regular storybook character, but wanting to do halloween type decorations. I had another thought this morning about creepy old looking books on the table maybe. And a ghost / rat drawn pumpkin carriage as a center piece? How does that sound?

xx

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers heaps for pointing me in the right direction Runnin' on Island Time. And a big thanks to DearTed for his awesome ideas from this theme last year, previous threads and pict's.

A friend has kindly agreed to host the party, and it will be mostly outside, ppl will really only be going inside to use the bathroom.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Have you checked out Target? They have some elegant looking paper plates...if there is such a thing. lol As well as some other really nice looking decorations.

Try changing out your light bulbs with colored lights...big effect for almost no money. Red will put off the best light but still give a creepier atmosphere.

In the yard you could do a "melted witch". Lay down a cheapy plastic cape & witch hat on the ground along with a broom and spot light it. You can get yard light stakes for the ground for pretty cheap at Menards. You could also have other pieces that lean towards classic story book characters scattering the lawn...a glass slipper, wicker basket. I think you get the idea.

Their are some really cool ideas for spell books & potion bottles. Those might be some neat ideas for table tops. Or even a childrens book of classic fairytales on a stand with a crystal ball?

IDK...am I way off base??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oooo! The glass slipper, and crystal ball sound awesome, and the storybook too. Will see what i can do about the witch, i'm sure ive got plenty of witches hats lying around, will try find a cape.

Have already brought plastic black table cloth, bright orange plastic plates and cups and black cocktain napkins. Not sure that our (Aussie) taget does plastic plates (and we dont have Menards, but I'll have a look in Bunnings for lights and bulbs and such).

Sounds lovely!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Cheers for all of your wonderful ideas.

Have started on (and prehaps finished) a Witches Kitchen... these will probly be the only creative props I have for this party... ah well.

Here they are!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts