Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We usually try to decorate our yard/woods according to the theme of the scary movie we show outdoors.

I bought all that decor for $150, plus the attic FULL that I bought on clearance last year in addition to all the props we have accumulated over the last few years. Nothing really matches or goes together as a theme. It was just a bunch on Halloween decorations...

I know most of us here has a theme each year. I have been trying to figure out if I should stick with a theme and only use some of my decor or just go all out and decorate like mad with everything that I have.

Well, I just had a thought. The movie Trick R' Treat will be out in time for my outdoor halloween party with a movie. I could show that and just use all my decorations. After all, that movie is based on Halloween and traditional decor as well.

I had planned on showing Drag Me to Hell provided it was released in time...but I think I like the Trick R' Treat idea much better. That just gives me a chance to go all out with my decorations.

I never have many TOT but plan on advertising with my band families this year to bring their TOT down to my house. TOT is a new thing to me. Do you all try to keep in toned down somewhat or do you just go all out...because of children's ages....

TIA
Kaye

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Omg

I found these images online today re: Trick R' Treat. I am soooo excited now! My hodge podge decor works perfectly! And the teen girl hostessess can dress with those costumes that we can be online from the same place we bought from last year that had great costumes. The wheels are turning now!!!!

·
Girl Gone Mad
1,638 Posts
Go all out, but the Trick or Treat movie would fit just about anything. As far as the TOTs, I would put the scariest stuff in back, and everything else at a medium so if you do have any young ones that are really little and easily scared it won't bother them too much. IF you have actors, inform them not to spook the toddlers, or the kids who seem skittish to approach. (Sorry all you hardcore haunters, I just have a soft spot for the little ones that scare so easy)

·
Registered
14,081 Posts
Haven't heard of Trick R' Treat but will check it out online. I liked the pics you posted of the house in the movie. The two houses are pretty simply decorated with lots of pumpkins and it really does look great. I see the teens have found Victoria's Secret. I don't remember girls looking like that when I use to ToT as a kid.

As for the yard theme, I am a fan of it but as I acquire more props that I love it's hard not to want to use them each year in different settings even if they don't really go no matter what you would do to them. We have quite a few little kids in our neighborhood and last year I had one little guy ask if he could get some extra candy to give to his sister who was standing on the street too afraid to come up to my house. I walked down to give it to her in person but it did kind of make me feel bad. I told her nothing bad would happen to her if she came to the door but maybe next year she would feel braver and come and see me.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awwwwww

I walked down to give it to her in person but it did kind of make me feel bad. I told her nothing bad would happen to her if she came to the door but maybe next year she would feel braver and come and see me.
Awwwwww.....how cute.

In that mess of stuff that I bought last week, there is a HUGE Latex Troll Mask complete with bear and horns...I am talking the head is at least 24" tall. My husband has decided to be a troll for the party. Trying to come up with a costume to match. Any creative ideas? Took a pic to post, but now can't find the camera. Maybe later I can post the mask.

Kaye

1 - 6 of 6 Posts