Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Everything looks great! And the food looks yummy, too! I think I'll be taking some inspiration from your candy bar next year. :)
Thanks! : ) Be sure to duct tape down the end of the string of lights and extension cord to the floor so no one trips on it.

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pictures! The food spread was amazing...especially loved the spooky cookies and mice pops....:)
Thanks! I liked the spooky cookies too but not a single soul ate them. They thought that they were candles or something. : ) They're chocolate-covered Oreos.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks! I liked the spooky cookies too but not a single soul ate them. They thought that they were candles or something. : ) They're chocolate-covered Oreos.
I loved the spooky cookies too! How did you get the face on them. They are just fantastic. All of your decor was fabulous. How did the candy bar work for you? Just curious because I thought about doing one this year but ended up just setting a cauldron of candy out for people to take and hardly any got ate.

·
Ravenous Zombie
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I loved the spooky cookies too! How did you get the face on them. They are just fantastic. All of your decor was fabulous. How did the candy bar work for you? Just curious because I thought about doing one this year but ended up just setting a cauldron of candy out for people to take and hardly any got ate.
Thanks! I got the chocolate-covered Oreo molds from spinningleaf.com. They have variations on the mold.

I had a lot of candy left on the candy bar but noticed that there were some candies that were eaten more than most - like Fun Dip (there were none left), Ring Pops, Pixie Sticks and some of the chocolate bars. Instead of filling up the bowls, you can make them look full by stuffing some bubble wrap and putting the candy on top of that.

I usually put out a cauldron of candy. End up with the same amount in the end.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Great pics!! How did u get the test tubes to glow? Also, where did you get the mold for the mice pops? (if u don't mind me asking)

·
Registered
312 Posts
I also had a huge selection of desserts, but found that people gravitated more towards the non-sweets - I love to bake and spent most of my time on sweets because I'm better at it, but I think this year I'll adjust to fewer desserts and more of the salty/savory stuff people seemed to prefer. Anybody else notice this at an adult party? Guess we don't have the sweet tooth(s) we used to...

:)

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
I also had a huge selection of desserts, but found that people gravitated more towards the non-sweets - I love to bake and spent most of my time on sweets because I'm better at it, but I think this year I'll adjust to fewer desserts and more of the salty/savory stuff people seemed to prefer. Anybody else notice this at an adult party? Guess we don't have the sweet tooth(s) we used to...

Yeah I remember you posting about your theme and was really looking forward to pics from your party. Did you ever post any? I dont remember seeing them but then again this is a high traffic site :)

MsM

·
Registered
670 Posts

I am really rethinking this candy bar. I think it's an awesome idea but I also think some parents may want to kill me because of it. LOL The kids don't really need all the sugar do they? Then again, it's a party...a treat, right?? Maybe I could put little bags out and they could fill their own bags to take home?? I don't know...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts