Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our treadmill died. It appears to have been the display or the board. I dismantled the machine and found two potentially useful motors. Since I do not know much about electronics I thought I would ask if these could be useful. The treadmill motor is 2.65 HP. I believe the yellow box on the board is a transformer. I have some pictures of some of the details and the wiring diagram. I just wanted to see if there is anything here worth salvaging.
test.jpg
Lift motor.jpg
tread motor.jpg

·
Registered
628 Posts
I don't know anything about electronics either but seems to me that at least one of the motors must be controllable for speed so would definitely be useful. My advice is if you have room save it. If you chuck it someone will tell you the next day how you could have used it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The 95V DC motor ( used for belt? ) may be difficult and somewhat hazardous to control at full voltage. I guess you could try hooking it up to a high current 12V or 24V power supply to see if it works.

The motor with the worm screw drive ( used for incline? ) may be reasonably easy to control with a couple of relays assuming it's 120V AC. Did you keep the nut assembly that the thread went into?

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes I kept all of the parts so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts