Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the gamers out there, Dead Rising is a must have. I picked it up for the WII this weekend and I have spent all my spare time playing it.

For those who are unfamiliar with the game. You play a journalist who gets a tip about a quarantined town. You hire a helicopter pilot to fly you into the town to get the inside scoop. You land on top of the mall and the action begins.

Its your standard scenario of a zombie infestation taking over a town, while a small group of survivors hold up in a shopping mall. You spend your time here trying to figure out the cause and also running side missions to rescue survivors stranded through out the mall. You have many weapons at your disposal both guns and melee weapons. A few of my favorite: Chain saw, lawn mower, sword, toy light saber, golf club, and two sided battle axe.

The zombies are your standard mindless slow creeping mobs, with a few runners mixed in. But considering the hordes of zombies they do a really good job of making these zombies a serious threat. Many a time I have turned around to find a zombie standing behind me!

Beyond that they do a great job with the psychopath concept. In a zombie invasion people are bound to go nuts and this game just wouldn't be complete without them. Bob the chainsaw wielding clown is probably my favorite, very disturbing.

Anyhow, this is a great game for the zombie lover! Its somewhere between a mix of Resident Evil, GTA, and encompassing the vision of Dawn of The Dead.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanks for the review i'll have to check it out. I'm always looking for good wii games. They are few and far between unfortunately.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that is the downside with Nintendo in general. It seems like the majority of their collection is more directed to the "kiddy" crowd.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Dead Rising is one of my all time favorite games. It's almost like the developers sat around saying "What game would Noch like to play?" I played it for the xbox when it first came out. I didn't know that it's now on the Wii.

That game hit so many things right. The feel, the sound effects, etc. they're all perfect. There is nothing like hitting a zombie on the head with a shovel and hearing the gratifying "Clang....". The best weapon though out of the normal set is the mini chainsaws from that clown psycho. Pick up a couple of those and some magazines to increase their durability and you can take on anyone.

Do they still have the achievements in the Wii? I thought those really added to the game, not to mention gave cool bonuses. I loved Zombie genocider. This is where you had to kill the Willemett's population in zombies. The reward was when you finished the game and started your character again from the beginning of the story, you got a real Megaman gun. That thing was wicked powerful.

They're now working on DR2, I can't wait.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I think we have the achievements. Does it just come like a bonus? As I havnt seen any text that looks like "Achievement: some text". My kill total is only 5,000 I would hate to kill 53,000+ zombies to find out that I don't actually have achievements. =\

·
Registered
354 Posts
my favorite lol moments are when you hit the zombies with a guitar it makes its own distinctive "twang" whether it was an acoustic or electric. Also, if you find a shower head, it will provide you with many laughs when you jam it into a zombie's forehead and watch the red shower come from it, as he wanders around aimlessly.
How about the auger? There is nothing funnier than the zombie spinning around on the end. When you smack other Zombies with the spinning one, they start to lose limbs until you only have a bloody body stump.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I personally like it when you wound those trench coat cultists and they raise their arms up in the air then kamazi on to the nearest zombie. The auger is alot of fun just a bit clumsy to run around with. I will have to try the guitar and find that shower head. Sounds like some fun times!

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
That game's been out for awhile now, hasn't it? Looks interesting.

Those with a Wii might also be interested in The House of the Dead: Overkill and the HOTD 2-pack (parts 2 & 3). I'm seriously considering buying this system just for the horror games it has available:cool:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah I also have House of the Dead. But so far that game has kept my attention for about as long as it did when I played it in the arcade. About 15 minutes. Makes a good party game though!

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
ooooooo I'm so getting this for my WII. I'v herd mixed things about but now since I know another Halloweenier likes it I'll have to get it.

And MARIO KART is awesome.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I have R.E. Umberalla Chronicles and its a blast to play. I also heard the new H.O.T.D. Overkill was very good with all new content and much different than the older one mention above which contains 2 & 3 (old arcade stuff). Dead Rising for Wii has only been out a few weeks as well as HOTD Overkill. Good reviews on both games.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts