Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Shiver me timbers
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I didn't make this. I just bought this Masters Replica Dead man's Chest prop for my pirate stage. It is way cool. The chest is made out of resin and is very detailed. It opens up with the double Davy Jones key. Just awesome!

I was thinking of putting it on the pipe organ next to Davy Jones with a beating heart in it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Evil bob - here is a neat treasure idea for your chest:

1. put a tin foil baking pan in the bottom
2. put white christmas lists (wadded up) in the foil
3. spray paint plastic plates and cheap dollar store win classes with gold and silver spray paint. you can also paint mardi gras beads and other play jewlrey
4. put it all on top of the lights so they don't show through

at night the chest will glow with treasure... just like in the movies. I know its not whats really in davy jones chest, but it would look cool anyway! I'll see if I can find some pics.

Sinister Smitty

·
Shiver me timbers
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Evil bob - here is a neat treasure idea for your chest:

1. put a tin foil baking pan in the bottom
2. put white christmas lists (wadded up) in the foil
3. spray paint plastic plates and cheap dollar store win classes with gold and silver spray paint. you can also paint mardi gras beads and other play jewlrey
4. put it all on top of the lights so they don't show through

at night the chest will glow with treasure... just like in the movies. I know its not whats really in davy jones chest, but it would look cool anyway! I'll see if I can find some pics.

Sinister Smitty
I was planning on doing just that with a couple of smaller chests I bought from Hobby-Lobby.

They are going to go in front of Captain Ahole in the center of the stage. I got an additional 5,000 plastic gold coins and other loot things, jewels, cups, plates (and one really UGLY silver stag bowl I got on clearance) to flesh out the treasure pile.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
I saw some unfinished wooden chests today at JoAnn Fabrics. They ran $20-$30-$40 for small,medium and large sizes. I only saw 2 so can't say for sure what the price/size was but it looked about 2'across the top and had nice old style hardware on them....I assume it was the largest they had.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts