Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year my theme will be a Dead Hollywood Theme, inviting my guests to the 'Mummy Awards'. Each guest has been nominated for an award for their portrayal of one of Hollywood's Dearly Departed.
My 'Save the Date' email was sent out today but now I would love to hear ideas for an appropriate invitation to be mailed in September.
I took this photo last year with some of my outdoor props. Knowing that i wanted to do this theme, i purchased a red carpet and brought the mummy forward for the photo. I wanted to protray our house as the Haunted Hotel where they will be invited for the Award Ceremony.
Mummy Award Invite.JPG
Please share all ideas that you clever people have.
I have visions of the Lobby in the Tower of Terror ride at Disneyland.
Thank you in advance for your thoughts and ideas. :D

·
Registered
369 Posts
If it was me, I would go for a Film Noir themed-invitation, like the old horror movie posters. We used one for a Halloween fundraiser we through a few years ago. Since it's Hollywood, the movie poster-type could work really well.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I definitely like the old movie poster idea, Mysterymaiden & Atomic Mystery Monster.... I will print them on a big plotter printer, cut and tape to existing frames already hanging. thank you both.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OOOHHH, I already started following you on Pinterest. Still looking for a costume for my husband and myself. Loved your half dead Marilyn. thank you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We always have a grave yard in the front as guests are approaching. I am thinking of using the arch at the front door and the arch that continues into the little foyer as the entry to the Event. I bought a red carpet from Oriental Traders that I will use approaching the front door. Possibly Red drapes pulled back to frame the entry. I would love to rent the spot light for the front. Will have to check those rental prices. In the entrance, I am thinking of the lobby of the Hollywood Tower of Terror Hotel. I have a small Victorian desk that I will use for Check-in. Hopefully, I will be able to collect some old items that has been suggested on this site.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Don't know if you want a paper invite but I instantly thought about the small trophies / awards like Oscar that DG or party stores have. You could get cheese cloth and wrap them like mummies. If that would be to expensive than maybe you could use the same idea as costume prizes. Just a thought but maybe make your powder room the tower elevator. I really wish that I would have road the tower ride the 2 times I went to Disney just so I could see the decor but I am scared of drop rides, lol. I will ride any coaster but no drop rides. Love your idea of the spot lights but if you can't rent one maybe you could create a smaller version with some spot lighting from a home store. How about a decrepit Hollywood sign with a strobe lighting?

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Oriental trading has those little rubber bendy mummies. Might have a scroll rolled up with info and wrap it's arms around it. Dollar tree may even have some. Dollar tree also has the little trophies in a 4 pack in the party section.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great idea. I will go by Dollar Tree today. I saw the bendable mummies on Oriental Trading. I ordered 2 packs and will incorporate them into the centerpieces. I always use hurricanes with pillar candle for light as we have our party mostly outside. I am thinking linking them around the hurricane in a circle. Thank you.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for your thoughts. I got mummy statues that have the same pose as the Oscar for the costume prizes. I found them last year at Home Goods. They are about 8"-10" tall. I will post a picture of them from home.
Definitely, the powder room will be the tower elevator!! I saw an idea on this website for the old fashioned floor thing that goes above the door.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Found on another thread, the idea of sending a room key as part of the invitation. I ordered these today to be incorporated into an invite. 350x350x4890.jpg.pagespeed.ic.hamA9th800[1].jpg
I am thinking of an after 'Awards' party at the Hollywood Tower of Terror Hotel. Sending the guest their room key. Still need to elaborate on this.....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found this last year at Home Goods. Love that store!!!!
I will replace a painting in our entry with this. Plan to use open eye screws to hang room keys in each cubby.
041.jpg
Then use a Victorian desk that I have for the 'Check-in' in front of this. I plan on using the 5 foot Posable Skeleton, from Costco, dressed in a 'Bellboy' outfit behind the desk.
These will be the same key that will be attached to each invitation. More on that later....... (After I figure that out)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I picked up some cool old style suitcases from Home Goods yesterday. A little pricy but plan on giving to my daughter for decorating her new house after the party. hahaha, that's how I justified the purchase!!
004.jpg
003.jpg

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Received the keys today. They are fabulous. Great quality. Still deciding if I should take the key out of the box or send with a paper invite. What do you think??
IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg

1 - 20 of 50 Posts