Halloween Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I missed this guy last year. Does anyone know if Sam's Club or any other store will be carrying Dead Eye Drake this year? I really need him for my Halloween decor this year.

Dead Eye Drake

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Howdy IP, glad to see your back we spoke last year. I got him as a gift from my Pastor a few years ago and he's been great and has worked perfect, a real hit every Oct.IMO he's one of Gemmys best props ever with the realistic hair,pirate clothing (real swede boots and all) not to mention his skull is so detail with all the grey and black shadings.Ok I was told on here that Menards is carrying him (for $149) and he is already in their stores but I have not been up to mine to see him there yet. Also last year Meijers (sp) had him on line only item last year as well.GrandinRoad has a pirate skelly they call Drake sometimes but thats not the same one as in my avatar and the video.Good luck and hope you get him this year,you'll love him and still my favorite prop to date.Check to see if ya got a Menards store near you.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy IP, glad to see your back we spoke last year. I got him as a gift from my Pastor a few years ago and he's been great and has worked perfect, a real hit every Oct.IMO he's one of Gemmys best props ever with the realistic hair,pirate clothing (real swede boots and all) not to mention his skull is so detail with all the grey and black shadings.Ok I was told on here that Menards is carrying him (for $149) and he is already in their stores but I have not been up to mine to see him there yet. Also last year Meijers (sp) had him on line only item last year as well.GrandinRoad has a pirate skelly they call Drake sometimes but thats not the same one as in my avatar and the video.Good luck and hope you get him this year,you'll love him and still my favorite prop to date.Check to see if ya got a Menards store near you.
I've been lurking around all year long. :)

I've heard a lot of good things about Drake, and he definitely looks and sounds a lot better than the last pirate skeleton Gemmy released (the dancing one from '04 or so, I have him). And he's not a total Captain Jack Sparrow rip-off like every pirate themed anything out lately, which is major bonus points.

I just checked Menards website, and they don't even have a store in my state. I did, however, find a place online that has him for $195. So if I can't find him at Sam's Club, on this forum, ebay, or anywhere else I'll probably settle on that.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Sounds good, in the video you posted he looks kinda funny but with mine I keep the brim of his hat down (he looks cooler and more menacing that way to me) and I keep some of his hair on his back and little in the front which I think he looks even better that way too. I'll keep an eye out for you if I see him any cheaper. Gh999 (not real sure his user name here,sorry if I got it wronge) is looking for one too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts