Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up an amazing vintage wedding gown at an estate sale today for $12.50, and I'm really contemplating turning it into a ghost bride. If you have a dead bride/ghost bride prop I would love to see photo's!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I have a dress I've been wanting to do for years but just haven't had the time. I thought about something like this would be cool. Maybe run a piece of monofilament line from the ceiling to hold it. It shouldn't weigh to much with it being clear plastic and you can get strong fishing line that can hold a 50 lb. pull of a fish.

Maybe put your dress on it in a corner with a light fan blowing on it from underneath to give it a gentle flow of the fabric and a slight sway. Black light the whole thing in a totally black room.....damn I need to get started on mine!!

Good Luck, Marc V.

9495250624_9dbd8e1c67.jpg

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never thought about using the clear mannequin form, that idea is genius! I was considering forming chicken wire into a body, but your idea is much better, thank you for the suggestion!

·
Registered
411 Posts
I never thought about using the clear mannequin form, that idea is genius! I was considering forming chicken wire into a body, but your idea is much better, thank you for the suggestion!
The chicken wire thing may have worked but it also may tear holes on the fabric. You only paid $12.50 for the dress but that doesn't mean you want to ruin it right away. .....And by the way, welcome to the madness.

Marc V.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I actually love the dress, so I would hate to see it get ruined so quickly. And thank you, I have been creeping around the forum for the last few weeks marveling at what you guys have all done, and decided to join last night!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a dress I've been wanting to do for years but just haven't had the time. I thought about something like this would be cool. Maybe run a piece of monofilament line from the ceiling to hold it. It shouldn't weigh to much with it being clear plastic and you can get strong fishing line that can hold a 50 lb. pull of a fish.

Maybe put your dress on it in a corner with a light fan blowing on it from underneath to give it a gentle flow of the fabric and a slight sway. Black light the whole thing in a totally black room.....damn I need to get started on mine!!

View attachment 163629

That is a beautiful bust. where did you get it?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Kinda - not sure if it was a brides dress or not as it was knee length. In the same second hand store there was also white lace tablecloth to purchase - so I just wrapped it around as a under layer of the mentioned dress. Gave it a "3 layer" look ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts