Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually I set scenes up in all my windows plus the front half of my double garage. Because we fell a little behind on the front yard re-landscaping
project, my garage is packed with tools so that nixed my plans. I decided to do a Witches Bed and Breakfast scenario, with witches in the window
plus a ghost on the sundeck. The bulk of the design was inside - the foyer became the front desk and the adjoining den was converted into a
"honeymoon suite. Lots of strobes and appropriate musical selections were all part of theme - I have attached some pictures of the event...

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased the haunted forest door trim many years back. You can see it at:

http://www.mostlydead.com/Halloween-Facades-and-Big-Props/c4/p117/Haunted-Forest-Doorframe-prop/product_info.html w

It's not cheap! It was half the price when I got it but the quality is there - mine is solid foam latex and it's really durable. It was one of my few
"expensive buys". I like to purchase a great mask and then build the bodies and costume them myself. I find it way easier to change up the theme. For
example, my "Frankie" creation played the part of the bellboy in this years haunt. My witches started with a mask and I built them up from there.
Wish I had a better camera so you could see them in action with all the strobes and black lights but here's a few more pictures so you can get the gist of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I love your desk manager. Is he made with a mask or is his face a sculpture? If it a mask what is the name of the mask or the company who sold him? Thanks, Jana

·
Banned
2,717 Posts
I love that haunted forest door trim. There was a place here selling it and I missed out because they are closing down and everything was up to 75% off.

F

·
0 Posts
Im amazed....this is by far one of my favorite haunts. I love it! I have been toying with the idea of converting our new home in to a Bed and Breakfast theme but call it a "Manor" as its a large Manor looking house from the 70s. I am so impressed this is wonderful and the unique décor is so outstanding. I love the entry I want one so bad now. Great job my hats off to you.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's Horace the Butler from Gemmy industries. He reminds me of Lurch too! I picked him up at a local grocery store on clearance for $25.00
For his rise in status from Butler to Desk Manager, I re-dressed him in a new suit, bow tie, new hair and eye glasses. Many of the animated figures that Gemmy and other companies make have crappy costumes on them but if you pick them up at a great price, they're easy to retrofit.

The attached photo shows what he looked like before his makeover.

Attachments

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Of course, since this was a full service bed & breakfast (as the sign says) I had to also have a chauffeur on standby ....

I use a couple of battery operated strobe lights in the car to light up the chauffeur - makes him look even creepier.
The "just married" flag plus the tin cans and bones tied on the back got a lot of comments regarding the institution of marriage!

Attachments

·
Lighthearted Halloween
3,795 Posts
My buddy Gris actually emailed me and told me to come check out this thread. He knew I would like it as I had been talking to him about how I am decorating the inside of my house this year, and I was looking for a full size pair of skeletons for a Haunted Honeymoon Suite. He was right about recommending your thread! LOVE it!!

Thank you for sharing!

·
Celtic Spirit
2,100 Posts
I was so excited to see this thread. :D I'm planning a Witch's Inn D&B for my theme this year. Always looking for ideas - I'm so stealing your "Just Married" car idea (better start rusting some cans now). Excellent job Haunt Gal!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts