Halloween Forum banner

Dc motor for axworthy

686 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Glowplug 
#1 ·
I am going to try and buil an Axworthy ghost nut this is more of a technical question then a prop question so I hope I have posted correctly.

I got to thinking the motor from a treadmill would ne a great power sourc for the ghost ptoject.. Plenty of torque and made to run for extended periods of time.. I found a free treadmill on the web and brought it home only to discover it has a D/C motor.. I was expecting A/C as I they seem easier to work with to me. The speed control and power supply is way to complicated for me to try and use for this project... Does anyone know of a cheap source for a D/C power supply... The motor says it is rated for 90 VDC at 19 amps.. I am afraid the power supply if purchased will well exceed the usefulness of the motor.. 2 hsp by the way.. I should have been able to drag a bunch of ghosts around with that.. If anyone has a good solution let me know.... I did notice that the motor for the elevation portion of the tread mill is a 110 A/C I may be able to do something with it.

Thanks

#3 ·
I hooked the motor directly to my battery charger at 2 & 6 amps (12volts)and it runs well in either direction , don't know if this is good for it or not. Does the DC90V stand for 90 volts? Wow!
Sorry but I am a hack at best and don't understand your reference to a full bridge rectifier. If you can illuminate me I would appreciate it. Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.