Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really wanted to take in the 20th annual Day of the Dead Festival on Saturday. But they are calling for rain on Sunday, and now it looks like I may have to spend Saturday putting away my props. Has anyone been to a Day of the Dead Festival? Do you think it would be worth a two hour drive and possibly some wet props?

http://livingarts.org/day-of-the-dead

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm biased, because I'm vending at this festival, so I think it's 100% worth it. :D

I went last year just as a spectator and I thought it was awesome. Just seeing the altars people built was worth the price of admission. Plus the festival doesn't start until 3 and goes until 11 P M - you would have plenty of time to put props away beforehand!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't realize it didn't start until 3. I might be able to work that out then. Great, thanks. What area will you be vending in?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'll be over by the food vendors and near the south gate entry. (I think on Brady street) I'll have art dolls for sale. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Scareme, that sounds like fun. I would love to attend, but that is a BIG drive for me. Will think about it next year as a road trip if you are up for it. We have a small one here. It is just about two years old, but they do have some neat props that come in for a parade. Maybe we could do it next year. You could come and visit me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts