Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like some here, I am a "Day Of" haunter. I stage everything in advance and get up before dawn on TOT day to put everything up. There are a few minor decorations out beforehand, but the Big Show is a one-night-only affair.

This year, it's going to rain buckets all day on my staging day. I'll still be able put up my PVC fencing outside, but little else. On TOT day, the showers are supposed to end mid-morning and it'll be clear by TOT time. So now I'm trying to figure how to make the best use of a rain-out staging day. It's gonna be a time crunch!

Does anybody else have a weather-dependent "Plan B?"

·
The Haunting Girl
936 Posts
Every year I pray for good weather. We rent and our latest home has zero covered porch (oh how I miss that covered porch). My plan has been to try to use my budget to invest in more weather friendly stuff for my haunt each year so I don't have to worry as much about the potential for rain.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not really. I have 90% of my props up now. I plan on adding a couple fog machines, tiki torches, and a bonfire in my driveway as I hand out candy sitting next to it. If it rains, II'll be keeping everything as is (without putting out the tiki torches, bonfire or fog machines).

So far in Milwaukee, there isn't much rain the forecast..just a little cold (which is expected).

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a covered porch area and will probably be loading that up on my staging day. Even if I could put stuff out a day early, I wouldn't since it would spoil the surprise. But I usually put out all my lights and sound, along with wooden, and any assembled, but not erected large props. Usually, tombstones are out- but laying down and electric cables are all run out. I'm trying to come up with a way to use every minute of my staging day efficiently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts