Halloween Forum banner

Wich date does the HF Cooking Group want to use?

• The weekend of January 10th

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The weekend of January 17th

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • The weekend of January 24th

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • The weekend of January 31th

Votes: 2 18.2%

Dates for the HF's Cooking Group

5632 Views 60 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  TheGothicPrincess
Hey guys! Here are some dates in January to chose from.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
940 Posts
I am going out to see if I can find some inexpensive round ice cube trays tomorrow, I will keep you posted if I locate some for those of you who don't want to use the melon baller.

· Registered
940 Posts
I am wondering if you added a little extra gelatin like when you make Knox Blocks if they would be a little firmer? In fact now that I am thinking about it why couldn't you just use that recipe? It would give the eyeballs more of a realistic texture. :D

· Registered
940 Posts
Yeah, at least one person was successful....lol

Checked the dollar stores, but no luck with the round trays. I guess I will have to break down and order them or use the melon baller.

· Registered
940 Posts
I am going to post over in the groups section too. I found these at Michaels for $1.99 I think they would work, but if you didn't make a small batch you would need a ton of them. they are about 1" x 1 1/2 "

· Registered
940 Posts
OK, I guess I am going to have to try them today. I figured with it being gelatin I could always release them with a little warm water, but thanks for the heads up. I wish I could find the ice cub trays locally, I am not thinking the melon baller is going to work well.

Gothic Princess did you give it a try yet?

· Registered
940 Posts
Yeah, I think it was sort of agreed upon unofficially we would give this recipe a try. A few of us are trying it ahead of time just to see what various methods work, since I think it was Firedancer ( you can confirm this fire...lol ) who tried it before and it didn't work out so well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.