Halloween Forum banner

Wich date does the HF Cooking Group want to use?

• The weekend of January 10th

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • The weekend of January 17th

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • The weekend of January 24th

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • The weekend of January 31th

Votes: 2 18.2%

Dates for the HF's Cooking Group

5636 Views 60 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  TheGothicPrincess
Hey guys! Here are some dates in January to chose from.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Halloween Bad Girl
1,026 Posts
Went last night and got everything.

lemon gelatin 79 cents
mini marshmallows 1.25 bag
1 frozen pineapple concentrate 1.25
1 pkg cream cheese 99 cents

I put the lemon gelatin and 1/2 cup marshmallows on double boil at 6pm
melted the marshmallows then removed from heat, and added cream cheese and 1 cup pineapple juice. Used my electric beaters and mixed until everything blended.

Did a finger taste test and it was really good. Not to pineapple(ie). Had a creamy taste to it.
So by 6:30 the mixture went into a bowl then into the fridge. When I checked on it at 8:15 the mixture still had not firmed up any, so I will have to go home and work on it tonight.

I was able to purchase a melon ball scooper at the grocery store for 1.79

So that is where I am at the moment on the eerie eyeballs.

· Halloween Bad Girl
1,026 Posts
You are right the melonballer did not work.

Ok for some reason the consistency of this recipe is like pudding. When I used the melonballer it squished out the little hole in the melonballer scoop. So I still attempted to make a ball, and it never would work.

The taste at first is too strong and tangy. But after several bites, becomes addicting to me, I guess because I like pudding.

I would suggest maybe some orange juice to soften the lemon/pineapple taste.
I also felt like maybe adding more cream cheese to the mixture, maybe a half of a block, to help with the thickening. Really did not taste the marshmallows, and it did nothing to help thicken it up.

So that is where I got on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.