Halloween Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I need your opinions on this one...

Each year my company throws a Halloween murder mystery party fundraiser in Toronto, and I'm really excited about this year's event. I have a venue on board willing to give us the space for free for the fundraiser (obviously they get the food/drink takings). The trouble is that they are throwing their own Halloween party on Saturday October 26th, so that date is out.

That leaves me with Friday October 25th, Thursday October 31st or the following Friday (November 1st or Saturday November 2nd). I really don't want to do the weekend following, so that leaves me with mid-week or the Friday night. I'm leaning toward the Friday night, but the tricky part is that most people will have to race home from work, do their costumes and then get to the party, which could be tight/tricky for some people. I'm torn between booking this great venue who are willing to donate their space so we raise more funds, or starting my venue search again.

So, my question to all of you is: would you hit a Halloween party on a Friday night, or would the Friday night part of it keep you from attending?

Thanks in advance for your opinions, I'm looking forward to seeing what you all have to say!

:)
Leigh

·
Registered
88 Posts
I would have no problem going to a Friday night party. In fact, I wish I lived in your town so I could attend! Maybe you could start it around 7:30, since most people get off work between 5:00 and 6:00. Yeah, they might be a little crunched for time but I don't think it's enough of an inconvenience to make them not come at all. Good luck, sounds like a blast!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scaredy! I actually found a venue - a craft brewery - who are donating the space for the Saturday night, so I'm totally over the moon about that. Now I just have to decide on a theme - I'm thinking something where everyone can decide their own costumes, although I'm dying to throw the new Hawaiian mystery I have - I was thinking a Hawaiian Halloween, but I want everyone to have the flexibility to choose their own costumes. Thanks for your opinion, I appreciate it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts