Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Last week I received a brochure on Stalking Dead County and was really thinking about ordering when I decided to check ebay to see if I could find the pieces cheaper. Wasn't really impressed with the pictures of the paint job on the piece I found. Looked pretty sloppy. Has anyone ordered this or any other Bradford Exchange pieces? Are they pretty detailed or sloppy?

1,309 Posts
I've been trying to finish up my Universal Monster collection using Ebay since it's been "out of print" for years. It's those last pieces in the collection that are nearly impossible to get. I'm down to needing the last 3 from the major collection but sadly need nearly all of the accessory ones. Guess only the really hard core collectors kept purchasing long enough to have those for the kids to sell on ebay. It's too bad that they don't allow one to purchase the later pieces in the collection, it's an all or nothing thing. As for ebay one draw back is not all sellers sale the item with all pieces. Too many times the house is listed without it's figures or COA or even the foam box it was originally shipped in. One really has to know what's what on those collector pieces and ask questions before hitting the buy button.

I've been a little disappointed in the Bradford collection... very nice concepts but are they really that much better then the Lemax houses? Lemax can be had new for half the cost, even less with the right Michaels coupon. I have 2 Bradford houses mixed in my Lemax town, the casual eye really can't tell them apart.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,951 Posts
1,309 Posts
The brochure shows three different shipments but no mention of just how many pieces are in the entire collection. Think I'll pass for now.
I don't know how many here recall the days of the Columbia records scam.... get 10 albums for the low .01 cent PLUS shipping and handling and they'll ship you a new album each month for you to enjoy, don't send it back within 5 minutes UNOPENED and we'll only charge you the regular price plus shipping and handling. Before you know it you have a collection of overpriced records that you didn't want and DON"T enjoy and OWE them your first born child, because you stupidly opened the box to find some weird hair band LP in there and it'll cost you now to ship it back... assuming you remember to ship it back.

In someways Bradford reminds me of that. I now avoid the we'll send you a new one every month deals.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
For those of you who purchased from Bradsford Exchange, do their items often sell out? I was thinking about buying the Munsters clock and even got most of the way thru checkout, but then changed my mind. Now for the past week I've been getting an email every day telling me that I'm gonna miss out and they're going to have to release my "reservation" to someone else soon. How long have they carried this clock or is it seasonal? Saki.Girl when did you get yours?

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
I've bought a couple of Hawthorne Village pieces and they are a bit smaller than Lemax or Dept 56.
Argh they always have such cool stuff. Interesting it's made by Hawthorne Village; I wonder what the scale of these are. And darn if this doesn't look tempting too: "[URL="http://www.bradfordexchange.com/products/917835_zombie

1 - 20 of 21 Posts