Thank you, Ghost of Spookie! We appreciate it!
We definitely knew early on that the lighting would absolutely be key to pulling off the silhouette theme. We struggled for awhile in finding just the right combination of back lighting and front lighting in order to create the kind of depth we were looking for. It was a lot of trial and error over a period of a week to get it to where we were happy with it. In the end we were super pleased with the result, despite the frustrations early on. ;-)
The whole project took 30 4x8 sheets of 1/4" Luan. We were lucky enough to have it already, as it was the wood we had used for our maze walls in 2014. 3 gallons of flat and semi-gloss black exterior paint, and 30 cans of $1 black spray paint. We started cutting in late July/early August, after having decided on designs etc., and finished cutting twoo weeks prior to Halloween. Thanks, again!