Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Slideshow over at Flickr

2012 at Darkrose Manor. The scaled down version of 2010's 'The Hollow' Or as we have begun to call it... "Darkrose Small-O" We had fun - it was far less stress this year.

We sat on the porch again, just the two of us. We haven't done that since our first year. We were just the witch and the pirate on our 10th anniversary enjoying handing out candy to our visitors. 454 tots by the end of the night - which we found surprising and were grateful for despite the lack of a completely enshrouded house.

Now that we've reminded ourselves how much the simplicity of our love for Halloween truly is, we just might be able to happily get back to basics for next year after all.

·
>^..^<
803 Posts
The place looks absolutely beautiful, in my opinion. You really capture the essence of Halloween, this year as well. Glad you guys had a fun and relaxing evening.

·
Registered
400 Posts
fantastic!!!!! looks like something out of a film... very creepy. love the photos. Attention to detail is amazing.:)

·
Registered
360 Posts
The scaled down version is so impressive I am a bit frightened to think about the full scale version.

·
Creepin' It Real
2,038 Posts
By any standards, both the display and the photos are spectacular. Wow. Thanks for that inspirational glimpse into your haunt.

·
The Mrs. to a MysterE
2,362 Posts
Scaled down!?! WOW!! I LOVE the look of your set up as always! DRM -- I totally shared your feeling of a less-stress Halloween experience this year. SO nice to r-e-l-a-x and find the joy in a simpler approach to the season. Thanks for the inspiration moving into 2013!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,648 Posts
The layering and texture are stunning. You can't help but be immersed in the scene. I love this!! As mentioned, if this is the scaled back version, the all out effort must have been unbelievable!

·
The Duke of Spook
1,976 Posts
Truly amazing. You've perfected a look that I've been trying to hit for the last two years.

I envy those of you who have a sidewalk that approaches your house right up the middle of your yard. It allows you to create such a thrilling environment to walk through.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts