Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,558 Posts
I love this! A lot of parallels to Pumpkinrot's work but several different elements that are really unique. The atmosphere you create is almost surreal! Very nice!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow... very good stuff!

How did you make the zombie creatures? Or are those out of the box props?
Hey there Centigrade! Assuming you mean the grounbreakers? We make them using foam skulls (cut with a foam wire cutter to adjust the jaw) irrigation tubing / duct tape for the ribs, and sometimes various pieces of plastic skeletons for arms etc. We then use outdoor carpet adhesive/paper towel mache to 'skin' them. Followed by paint or wood stain and then poly to seal them for the elements.

Really we use this method for the majority of our props, the pumpkin creeps, the groundbreakers, even the giant scarecrows etc. The pumpkin heads (when we can't find any foam pumpkin shapes that we like, ) are created with newspaper mache and great stuff foam then the paper towel/carpet adhesive mache and paint. I'll post a tutorial soon if you're interested.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks to all of you for such wonderful compliments! We had an amazing time putting it all together. (Not so much fun taking it all down. ;) We really enjoyed being able to focus so heavily on the organic details having scaled down to just the front yard this year. This year's theme was absolutely inspired, in part, by Rot's body of work over the years with our own style twists added in. ( And the Eyeball Plants idea came from hugely talented Miss Ghoul Friday, of course. :)

We are so lucky to be a part of such a supportive and inspiring group! Thanks again to all of you! :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Very Tim Burton like to me, incredibly unique with a completely different theme. I'm not sure if it was just that this type of design doesn't lend itself to photography, but it seem like a jumbled up jungle. Perhaps all of the vine and other things compress in a 2D picture and it is not quite as cluttered looking in person. I don't want to seem negative as it is so different to me and perhaps that organic, messy look is part of the plan. It is sort of like the kids getting lost in the woods and coming up on the witches cabin. I can't imagine what it takes to set that up and tear it all down! I wish I had the artistic talent to make all those sculptures. Very good corpsifying!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts