Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an effective yet cheap and easy way to block light from my garage windows. I'm doing a spook walk for the kids party and it's during the day time which will totally kill my strobe light if it's not dark enough. What works best for folks??

·
Registered
530 Posts
effective, cheap and easy? Black bristol board. Tape it to the window frame. Most dollar stores sell the 3' x 2' sheets for a dollar a piece (not exact measurements...I'm guesstimating the size).

If you want to disguise it, you can use spray glue to attach Scene Setters to it. Or you can paint it, or whatever you want. It also rolls up and stores easy! :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started with construction paper, but I wasn't crazy about how the light was seeping in around the cracks. I was hoping someone would have a magical solution......sigh

·
Registered
530 Posts
Ah, but sheets of construction paper are too small! You need the BIG sheets. Then, volila, no cracks!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Or, you know, duct tape the cracks... lol

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, right if you can't duct it.......
well you know the saying! I guess I'm being too picky. It's a garage for crying out loud!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nah, you can never be too picky when it comes to halloween! :D
What about using the large sheets of poster/bristol board and over-lapping the edges, then taping down with black duct tape?

Maybe I'm way off here. Are you talking about regular small-ish windows, or biiiiiiiiig front windows? I'm automatically thinking of garages in our area, which have those small-ish windows that are maybe 2 or 3 feet wide by 4 feet high. But if you have big windows, you might need something more industrial!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
probably about the 3 x 4 size. But there are 6 of them! Cripes, who needs 6 windows in a garage??? I hope for a dark dismal day. (But no rain... so I can keep the little creeps outside.)

·
How about a magic trick?
1,002 Posts
why so many different names for the same thing?
gee whiz that's confusing...
go to the store and ask for bristol board and get
that WTH look from the sales clerk.
I get alot of crazy questions at where I work too. ALOT!
So I give them this look... o_O

LOL!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes, I have done trash bags too......uuuuugh.
I did get the plastic on a roll from Walmart (thanks for the tip) and it seems to be doing a better job than the trash bags. But shredded trash bags ( thanks martha) makes an awesome witch's curtain. I used that last year all around my porch and it looked great blowing in the wind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts