Halloween Forum banner
21 - 40 of 595 Posts

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
Love the ideas Saki.Girl.! For additional inspiration, you might take a look @ TheHalloweenLady's profile for another exquisitely styled Wonderland theme.

Outstanding work Rania :D Always love your sense of style, and the execution is perfect! I hear you on the foam spray rig. I'd love to have one myself, but wow they are pricey!

Btw, the chicken wire and foam method works beautifully, and I highly recommend a layer of the movers cling wrap (similar, but thicker & wider than Glad Wrap/Saran Wrap) for a base to apply the foam to. I've been using it on some spooky trees/tree stumps I'm working on, and it works great.

I'll post a pic a little later when the foam fully pot's (hardens) in a few hours for a demonstration, if you'd like?

edit - Lol! Your avatar is strikingly similar to mine own. :p

·
My other ride is a Ninja
12,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Love the ideas Saki.Girl.! For additional inspiration, you might take a look @ TheHalloweenLady's profile for another exquisitely styled Wonderland theme.

Outstanding work Rania :D Always love your sense of style, and the execution is perfect! I hear you on the foam spray rig. I'd love to have one myself, but wow they are pricey!

Btw, the chicken wire and foam method works beautifully, and I highly recommend a layer of the movers cling wrap (similar, but thicker & wider than Glad Wrap/Saran Wrap) for a base to apply the foam to. I've been using it on some spooky trees/tree stumps I'm working on, and it works great.

I'll post a pic a little later when the foam fully pot's (hardens) in a few hours for a demonstration, if you'd like?

edit - Lol! Your avatar is strikingly similar to mine own. :p
for sure post pics love to see .
haha yes they are i will have to change mine to a Alice wonderland one haha

·
Registered
744 Posts

Why thank you Raven's Hollow! I would love to see some pics, especially of that cling wrap. Cheesecloth can be pricey and rather frustrating to attach to chicken wire. My only concern would be how the foam actually adheres to it. Please do share!

·
A 1 man army of darkness
2,586 Posts
for sure post pics love to see .
haha yes they are i will have to change mine to a Alice wonderland one haha

Sorry about the delay, sort of got "wrapped" up in my work, and totally gapped until the email notification. Lol! The absent minded Raven... :p Aww, you didn't have to go and change your avatar, I liked it :*(

Why thank you Raven's Hollow! I would love to see some pics, especially of that cling wrap. Cheesecloth can be pricey and rather frustrating to attach to chicken wire. My only concern would be how the foam actually adheres to it. Please do share!

You're most welcome Rania, Ugh, I completely understand on the cheese cloth tip. I just purchased 27 sq. yds. of it a couple of weeks ago to revamp some ghosts with, and let me just say, Amazon. Amazon, Amazon, & Amazon Prime! :D $3.99 for 3 sq. yds., free shipping w/ Prime. Highly recommended!

On the subject of whether it (spray foam) bonds to the cling wrap: No, it really doesn't bond well. Unless...you are encapsulating the object, and creating a shell of foam. Then, it's perfect. You could if you wished, split the foam shell, and remove the cling wrap entirely. Although, for our specific applications, I don't see the usefulness of doing so. After having typed out that last sentence, it just gave me an entire mind full of ideas for projects! Lol! ;)

OOOOH right, the pics... *sheepish grin* I'm just getting started on smoothing it out, and will be applying another coat for the bark with a idea for a technique that I'm developing.

Wool

Green Turquoise Water Turquoise

One further thing, it's best if you use a heat gun lightly on the cling wrap to shrink it to the chicken wire form I've found. YMMV. :)

·
My other ride is a Ninja
12,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Sorry about the delay, sort of got "wrapped" up in my work, and totally gapped until the email notification. Lol! The absent minded Raven... :p Aww, you didn't have to go and change your avatar, I liked it :*(

You're most welcome Rania, Ugh, I completely understand on the cheese cloth tip. I just purchased 27 sq. yds. of it a couple of weeks ago to revamp some ghosts with, and let me just say, Amazon. Amazon, Amazon, & Amazon Prime! :D $3.99 for 3 sq. yds., free shipping w/ Prime. Highly recommended!

On the subject of whether it (spray foam) bonds to the cling wrap: No, it really doesn't bond well. Unless...you are encapsulating the object, and creating a shell of foam. Then, it's perfect. You could if you wished, split the foam shell, and remove the cling wrap entirely. Although, for our specific applications, I don't see the usefulness of doing so. After having typed out that last sentence, it just gave me an entire mind full of ideas for projects! Lol! ;)

OOOOH right, the pics... *sheepish grin* I'm just getting started on smoothing it out, and will be applying another coat for the bark with a idea for a technique that I'm developing.

View attachment 153392

View attachment 153393

One further thing, it's best if you use a heat gun lightly on the cling wrap to shrink it to the chicken wire form I've found. YMMV. :)
cool thanks for the post and no worries on the avatar haha i change all the time LOL

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hello my lovelies! Wanted to join up here on this thread as we are also doing a spin on Alice this year for our Haunt and our annual Party. Super excited to have some fellow rabbit chasers to bounce ideas off of! We've got some props in the works already and are already feeling as we are late for our very important date!

·
My other ride is a Ninja
12,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hello my lovelies! Wanted to join up here on this thread as we are also doing a spin on Alice this year for our Haunt and our annual Party. Super excited to have some fellow rabbit chasers to bounce ideas off of! We've got some props in the works already and are already feeling as we are late for our very important date!
welcome oh man i so know the feeling lol time to kick some prop but lol

21 - 40 of 595 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.