Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found Glenn Danzig's Black Aria at a thrift store a few weeks ago and wasn't expecting what I heard. It sort of reminds me of Midnight Syndicate though it was released in 1992. My only regret is that it's too short at under 24 minutes.

Found this on YouTube:

·
Registered
356 Posts
That is surprising, I've heard a lot of the other music he has been involved in and none of it was like this. I only had time to listen to the first 4:30, is it all instrumental?

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Pretty interesting. I can see the comparisons to Midnight Syndicate (although they have more depth, in my opinion). Dulcet, yes, it is fully instrumental.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is surprising, I've heard a lot of the other music he has been involved in and none of it was like this. I only had time to listen to the first 4:30, is it all instrumental?
Yes it's all instrumental. I was like you when I first heard this. I'm most familiar with his work in the Misfits which is why I picked this CD up in the first place. From what I've read there is a Black Aria II also but it has mixed reviews and I've not had a chance to listen to it.

Pretty interesting. I can see the comparisons to Midnight Syndicate (although they have more depth, in my opinion). Dulcet, yes, it is fully instrumental.
I totally agree that Midnight Syndicate has more depth. I've been listening to Monsters of Legend for the past few months and noticed some similarity between the two. I find it totally interesting that this has existed for 20 years though seems to be relatively unknown. To be quite honest I probably would have passed it up if not for the fact that it was only a quarter, was in excellent shape and I like his earlier works. So it was a total surprise to me. :D

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
To be quite honest I probably would have passed it up if not for the fact that it was only a quarter, was in excellent shape and I like his earlier works. So it was a total surprise to me. :D
For that price, there was simply no possible way to go wrong:D There is actually a second, more recent album in that series, but you certainly picked the right one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts