Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
May I see under her dress (rotary air cylinder or some kind of linkage for rotation)? Might be an illusion but is the tubing you are using larger than 1/4"?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the feedback :)
Russell, I'll add sound today and I will take a pic. By the way that was funny how you asked (under her dress) LOL!
I used an SMC 180 pneumatic rotary. Set at 40 PSI. It has a total of 3 cylinders and 1 solenoid. The prop itself it very light weight. The slamming noise you hear is from the tempered glass I set the prop on. I know that's not a good idea, the other table was being used and I wanted to test this.

·
livin Halloween every day
1,988 Posts
That is fantastically cool, great job. If you decide to be so kind as to post a how to on this, I will for sure add this to my prop building folder and it will be moved up to the next project. I like this one a lot. Super cool prop.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi kprimm! I'm honored you like the prop and asked for a how to. Yes I'll post a how to, and add sound, later today.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Dave thanks for sharing. Since I ask to see under the dress I guess it was appropriate that your "how she was made" video was done in the nude? : - ) I have a Baby prop with a rotary acuator you might enjoy. http://www.snydercentral.com/halloween/baby1.htm I just finished Baby 2 that is built "more better" but haven't put up pics or demo video yet.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Russell! LOL, oh man you're funny! It was a hot day in San Jose and I took off my shirt :) I really like your prop!!! That idea is freakin awesome!!! You just inspired me to attempt a shot of making a similar prop. Thanks or sharing that link! That page also made me laugh.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Dave, you made me forget one of my questions. What size tubing are you using on your props? In the videos it looks larger than what I'm using.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Russell! The PVC pipe I'm using is a 3/4". It fits almost perfect around the shaft. But the other PVC pipes I used on the plywood are 1/2" pipes.
Did you ever upload another video for your baby prop?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sorry - I meant the size of the tubing going to the air cylinder. It might be an illusion but it looks larger than 1/4" in the video. I'l take some pics of Baby 2. She's in the garage now but I'm fighting time (only 48 hours in a day and work takes 40 of them) and the 105 degree heat in Texas.

tubing.jpg

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Russell! Ah ok, now I know what you meant. Yes that's 1/4 tubing. So far all of my cylinders are connected to 1/4 tubing. They seem to do the job well. Be careful with the Texas heat. I understand about not having enough time. I look forward to seeing "baby 2" :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Dave, I started a new thread "Babies (not of Royal variety)" with Baby 2 pics. Look closely at the bottom of the first Baby 2 pic and smile.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts