Halloween Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
OK, so at first I'm thinking that's pretty easy-rotating base lazy Susan double relay reverse controller etc. Then they do the dip!!! VERY COOL!

There are a number of ways to do that but I would just build a frame with a Pnu cylinder at the waist of each. Note, the base does not do a complete 360 so you can have cords/hoses etc. into the bodies and not have tangle issues. You could actually use a cylinder to do the rotational movement of the base too for a 100% pnu prop.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yeah, I think Beaver is right: The real trick here is that the lazy susan doesn't keep rotating infinitely, so anything feeding up into the characters doesn't have to deal with getting tangled.

I would also guess that only one of the figures is actually powered for the bend (my bet would be on the bride.) It would be easy to just have the static figure follow the motion of the powered one.

Fun prop, for sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
How about a rotary actuator.......270 or 360 degree? It'd be cool to attach the whole thing onto a pneumatic slide so the whole mechanism would slide back and forth as the characters spin/dance/rotate/twist...just an extra thought...

Happy Building,

Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.