Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a Bobble Head Grim Reaper in CVS yesterday. I pressed his test button but he only does limited stuff in that mode. So I found a video online of him because I also could not find pics. I don't remember seeing this guy last year but It looks kinda cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpa1scHGi4A

BTW not my video

I think with all the wind here around Halloween it would look pretty creepy. Right now my CVS says $49.99. I'll probably get it with a 25% off coupon ...

Anyone have it? Do you like it?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I bought the one CVS had last year. Looks the same but without the pumpkin. I bought him and the butler at 25% off. The reaper was originally 39.00. He's really not bad and I figured for 29.00 I couldn't pass him up. Hmm...Could this be a problem? Anyway, he needed a little hot glue on his teeth to keep them from clicking and his dress was a little to short. I was going to cut his leg poles 6-8 in. shorter so his dress covered the thin poles since he's tall enough to do this but I never got around to it last year. Really not bad for the price and they may have modified him this year.

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I bought two of the CVS 6-ft reapers last year but it was an after halloween clearance impulse purchase. Walked in when they were really marked down and had remembered seeing them displayed leading up to halloween and had thought they were pretty nice. Loved their height and the bobble head on them was a nice touch. There were two left on the shelf so figured they would look good flanking an archway etc. and bought both.

I was thinking of using them this year so will be taking them out of the box and at leasting setting one up this week. I can give you a better impression later but can't really give you feedback on how they held up on halloween night or what the kids thought of them. I don't remember a serving tray like in the video or a pumpkin. Also don't recall what sound or talking it did. do seem to recall the eyes flashed. Are you asking because your CVS doesn't have a demo one out?

If you want to see the box for the reaper last year I have two photos in my 2012 album, Page 4. No tray shown and it appears he did talk and there were sound effects.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I bought this year's version with the lantern & for $50 it is a nice prop. The arms are a bit short (sort of freaky) considering how tall it is but I appreciate the easy to assemble metal frame. A hole in the metal base behind each foot will be perfect for sliding a metal stake into for yard display. Walgreens has a different version with a candle in each hand, says the same thing, & $60 instead.

·
The Sea Witch
2,447 Posts
i just bought this today! LOVE HIM! $49 @ CVS

easy to put together, he did seem a little wobbly, a cinderblock across the back of his feet on the metal stand should cure that. here's a link to the video i put on my fb page (made it public, so y'all should be able to see it) This was before i moved him, and put the cinderblock for stability.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10202314189678377&set=vb.1300663650&type=2&theater

·
Registered
13,769 Posts
I saw a Bobble Head Grim Reaper in CVS yesterday. I pressed his test button but he only does limited stuff in that mode. So I found a video online of him because I also could not find pics. I don't remember seeing this guy last year but It looks kinda cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpa1scHGi4A

BTW not my video

I think with all the wind here around Halloween it would look pretty creepy. Right now my CVS says $49.99. I'll probably get it with a 25% off coupon ...

Anyone have it? Do you like it?
Already posted about mine and since my haunt theme plans have changed haven't set them up yet. BTW, I just received a CVS rewards 25% off coupon today so check your email, and if the reaper hasn't been marked down yet you can use the coupon on him. Watch out for that expiration date on the coupon. New sales start on Sunday so don't get blocked out.

I've been debating on picking up the scarecrow this year. I have some scarecrow masks for ones I plan on making on my own so keep going back and forth if I really need him. I do like the reaper with the lantern alot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts