Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't saw a thread yet for CVS, so here it is.
Anything anybody anticipating? I know the last couple years the life size decorations where anticipated.
As an employee, as soon as I see the seasonal book I'll give heads up. Should be in next month.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I will be looking to see if they have the Disney figures of Mickey and Minnie dressed to trick or treat. I have all the previous sets. These are the 4 0r 5 inch plastic figures normally with some kind of glitter. I had to go to several stores last year to get all the figures of Mickey, Minnie, Donald , Goofy and Pluto as each store seemed to get only 1 set. I love Disney at Halloween but can not get there every year, so I set up an area of my house dedicated to Disney Halloween items. Thanks for any info you can give this year.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,845 Posts
I can't wait for your insider info RIchardG!!

Most stores in general are in Back to School mode now. The big exception being craft stores like Michaels. I'm pretty sure Big Lots had BTS out the week after school let out here. But would they put up Halloween now?!?! No.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah all stores are BTS here as well. And all will be until the beginning of September.
Soon as I know something I'll be happy to
Pass the information along. I can't wait. It's this time of year that I LOVE working in retail

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I asked the store manager at the one down the road from me. Because they had a little Halloween candy out and I could not resist asking him. He said their Halloween stuff should be out second or third week of August.
Yeah they sent Halloween candy to my store in June. I have 2 totes sitting in my backroom.
Can't count the candy corn MMs as they send those and market that with BTS.
August seems early, but then again being in Florida they keep summer out long as possible. To the extent summer disappears for good in November and comes back out in January.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was impressed with last year's selection so I'm looking forward to this October for CVS.
I can agree 100%. I was very impressed. More with their Halloween then I was Christmas.
I'm not sure what's coming yet, but I know for Christmas inflatables are on the way about 4-6 different ones.*

*I know this is Halloween forum lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
CVS ExtraCare Rewards Card -- Reminder for sale emails and coupons

Reminder to anyone planning on picking up halloween at CVS (who has had fantastic big and small props the past few years---they have a great buyer for this department) --

If you don't have a CVS Extra Card card, sign up for one and get emails from them. Use it, if only for small purchases so it stays active.

If you have a CVS card and don't regularly use it, buy something, anything and use your card so your card/email is active and you get the sale notices and coupons.

If you have a CVS card, I just received my email today with a 20% off in-store coupon (thru Sun., 7/31) so see if you are receiving emails. For me they generally come on Thursday (maybe every other one?).

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
how hard is it to make a werewolf blow mold? they have every other classic horror movie blow mold but no werewolf.

Does anyone know of one?
Unfortunately I don't know of one and really don't think one has been made. Hmm that is an awesome idea and would be a good seller if it looked neat enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Well not sure what's in the store yet that would be useful for Halloween but the discount coupons have started in my email (for CVS Rewards members). The one I got today was for 25% off Purchase in Store ($99 max). Good thru 8/14. As a reminder the coupons are tied to your rewards card so you do need to be signed up to use. Same for Walgreens' program. In fact the advertised sales in the fliers each week require a card at time of purchase for the discount, so heads up for non-rewards members.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I work for CVS and the only thing we got in so far is fall candy and some pumkin smelling candles. I'm sure it will start rolling in soon though. We need to clearance out the back to school stuff first or we wont have the room.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts