Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so I am pretty new to the Haunt world and my Goal is to set up a pro haunt so I am looking to go to at least one show and this was it. BUT, its March 10th and the site is still very quiet. I have been to other trade shows in the past and by now they would be in a full court press to get folks signed up and start getting everybody excited about events.

So my question is, will this even happen ? I know they were "bought out" so I am concerned. I do not have the money to go to Reno or other locations so any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
365 Posts
oh bahaha!
sorry.... scrolled right down past it....

I think it will happen.... and still be good.... I have a feeling they are just waiting till TW is over to really promote it.... Transworld bought it... but at least for this year I would think they'd have a lot of carry over from the previous year....

and last year MHC was pretty awesome... my first year there but it def. had a lot to offer. Especially for a lower budget/ home haunter budget.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I live near Indy and could make that drive pretty easy. I would love to know more about what they are doing but they have posted very little.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really want to attend all three days, any thoughts on volunteering as a possible way to get a pass. Plus any thoughts on were to stay that not $150 a night. Thanks.

·
Keeper of Spider Hill
1,745 Posts
I really want to attend all three days, any thoughts on volunteering as a possible way to get a pass. Plus any thoughts on were to stay that not $150 a night. Thanks.
I know there are other hotels close by. I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott the last time we went as spectators. Nice hotel, not sure of pricing. How much are spectator passes this year? I didn't see it listed? I don't remember them being very expensive?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SERIOUSLY ? I am so use to high priced shows I would never had guessed. Well at that price I may just be able to stay a night. I iwll wait and see if they have a nice packaged deal I may be able to use. Thanks for all the input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
MHC put out a message on their facebook page that admission to floor will remain $5 a person and Costume Ball will still be $40 a person. this will be our 4th year attending this show and really do love it. We have stayed at the host hotel for 3 years and this year we reserved a room at Drury that is connected to the convention center. My only advice is when looking for cheaper rooms remember that parking near convention center can be $15 or more so factor that into your costs.

Wish they would update their site tho.... its never been this late for tour information and class schedules. Hoping while we are at Transworld next weekend they will have more information on the pre-haunt tours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i think it was 124 a night if you reserve thru midwesthauntersconvention.com It is pretty expensive but we are splitting the cost with another cpl so makes it a little easier, plus it includes breakfast and at 5:30 they have appetizers and 3 free drinks.

The hyatt is 109 a night, but no free stuff and from experience of staying there... during the costume ball the elevators are extremely packed and we actually got stuck on one for about 3 minutes last year. (which may not seem like a long time until you have a very nervous 19 year old daughter with you that hates elevators and it was so packed you couldnt move)

We have never went on the prehaunt tour and didnt do the Friday night tour last year due to our budget and it being $50 a person.

·
Registered
11 Posts
if you find cheaper hotels near the convention center, they may have shuttle service to show... would be worth checking into

·
Registered
259 Posts
My wife and I are planning on attending this convention...if they ever start taking registration that is....I check out the website every other day or so. But we did go ahead and reserve our room at the Hyatt already. $130 a night for king size. Not bad really. I expected to spend a lot more.

We've never attended a convention like this before and are really excited to go.

·
Registered
483 Posts
It looks like the online registration for MHC is up and operational however the website still hasn't been updated with the workshop/seminar info or a vendor list. I'm hoping that now that Transworld is over they will turn their attention to MHC and get the website up to date. At this point it's really hard to say whether it would be better to go with an all day pass or just individual seminars until you can get that info. Apparently all the updated information is available on their app but if you don't have a smart phone or tablet that's sort of useless to the rest of us.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've never been to MHC but have haunter friends that have and say it's a blast! I'm hoping to go this year and would car=pool down with a friend and split the cost of gas and a room. I reserved a room at the Drury so if we can go we're covered as I know they will fill up fast. Fingers crossed it works out!
That's exactly the issue I'm having. $190 for an all weekend pass? But what are the seminars they are offering? How many can I actually attend in a day? Can I pick and choose what seminar I want, and can I just pay for the ones I want to attend? Also, I'm a bit confused by all the pricing. Does the $190 weekend pass include the after parties too? How about the Masquerade party? Or is all that extra?

Still looking forwarded to attending. I just don't want to spend an "arm-and-a-leg" if I don't have too. Save me more money to spend on the floor. Hehehehe

1 - 20 of 32 Posts