1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
The Goddess of Screams
518 Posts
I saw those! They were one of the few MS thing's I liked! Tell us how easy it is to actually do these! Somehow all Martha's projects, she claims are so easy, look like she has professional, well paid artists doing all the work! LOL

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Martha says:
Cardboard cylinders (such as a paper-towel tube)
Tape
22-gauge floral wire Aluminum foil
Cheesecloth,
Liquid starch

and this is what you do...

Step 1
Build a mold for the body first. Cut several 1/2-inch-deep slits into one end of a cardboard cylinder, such as paper-towel tube; fan flaps out and tape to work surface so tube stands upright.
Near top of tube, make a small hole on each side; push a wire (of about the same length as the cylinder) through holes. Bend wire into outstretched arms. Top cylinder with a crumpled aluminum-foil ball, for the head

Step2
Cut cheesecloth into strips (about six per ghost). Saturate the strips in liquid starch and drape over mold in various directions to cover completely. When cheesecloth dries, carefully lift ghost off mold.

I have used liquid starch before. We used it to hold some fabric shapes on the walls of a room once. Worked great, just had do wash the walls down with hot oapy water after.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts