Halloween Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without a minute to spare we finally finished our yard this year! Way too long and much too hard to build but we pulled it off! Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you The Double Cross ! She's the fastest and most deadly ship in these waters and if you see her you would be wise to turn tail and pray to Met Agwe for a strong wind! Aaaargh!

IMAG0567.jpg

She's a beauty isn't she? She measures 32 feet long, 10 1/2 feet wide and 24 feet tall.

GOPR6334.jpg

A better angle to see the length....

GOPR6333.jpg

I really like this shot from the front. :)

GOPR6296.jpg

A peek into the gun deck.

IMAG0566.jpg

The helmsman during the build.

IMAG0511.jpg

A nice shot of one of the cannons.

IMAG0507.jpg

A box to store our booty!

IMAG0528.jpg

One of the skulls. My first attempt at corpsing, turned out much better than anticipated.

I wish I had more pics that turned out better. The sun is always behind her so getting a good picture is nearly impossible.

We live on a side street with barely any traffic but once the mast went up she was visible from the main street and we have had a noticeable increase in traffic so we are hoping for a strong TOT turnout this year.

Anywho, hope you enjoy the pics and I have always wanted to say this:

I BUILT A PIRATE SHIP! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Deaths Reach, I'm afraid to even think about how many hours I've put into it. We started about 5 months ago building a lathe for the cannons and it's been busy ever since.

Zombie4*, this thing is big enough I should be thinking about what I can store IN it, LOL. It is 90% sheet foam and my father in law wants it afterwards for insulation for his garage. We'll just cut it down for him to use. We try to do a different theme each year anyways so it would have to go either way. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts